Notes from Devokan Storytellers Gathering of 11 May 2014

Current and upcoming events
Danko Whitfield

Notes from Devokan Storytellers Gathering of 11 May 2014

Post by Danko Whitfield »

Place: Dragon's Teeth, Kitely

In attendance: Ghaelen DLareh, Rubny ODegee, Paislee Myrtle, Dot Matrix

Ruby updated the group on her builds. She's working on a region she calls Brantley No. 3. It consists of a surface and a cavern underneath. It is slow, but coming along. Paislee has done some exploring there and has tested a few things for Ruby.

Someone asked how they hypergrid was coming along, and no one knew for certain except that Oren is working on it. Two or three weeks is the latest information.

Paislee updated the group on the new/old Devokan build. It is coming along slowly - more an archive than a growing story at the moment. It will initally be left that way in a manner similar to the Uru Cavern. As people explore, new story may develop or a new part of the existing story may be revived.

The group all expressed interest in testing Firestorm's support of Occulus Rift, but no one really knows much about that.

Notes by Ghaelen. Thanks Ghaelen! - Danko :)

Next gathering: 8 June 2014, 15:00 UTC at Dragons' Teeth, Kitely
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To find the Devokan worlds on Kitely, simply search Devokan on the Explore Worlds page of the Kitely website.

For more info about The Devokan Trust: http://forum.devokan.org/
These users thanked the author Danko Whitfield for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Dundridge Dreadlow

Re: Notes from Devokan Storytellers Gathering of 11 May 2014

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

darnit, I keep missing these. Itching to test rift support myself, soon as mine arrives..
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Marstol Nitely

Re: Notes from Devokan Storytellers Gathering of 11 May 2014

Post by Marstol Nitely »

You're talking about CtrlAltStudio right? It's based on Firestorm and supports oculus... sort of. I haven't tried the latest release which works with the Xbox Controller. The UI is limited and you have to toggle in and out of 3D (which sometimes results in crashes on my machine) to do much, other than walk and fly. But it is still pretty amazing, even in low rez, and would probably be fantastic for touring Devokan worlds. The addition of the Xbox 360 Controller looks like it will add more in world control without having to toggle out. Unfortunately, I don't have a Xbox 360 controller... yet.