Metaverse Tours

Current and upcoming events
Constance Peregrine

Re: Metaverse Tours Starting May 29

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Serene Jewell wrote: And Pixel Pretty took pity on me and hooked me up with a new skin because I was looking a little angry and I am in fact a very happy person! :D
Ok, finishing up my morning roll...lol

I am happy to see Pixel's name mentioned, and I am happy to see she is here also, and I hope she does well enough to find the time to bring in more of her skins, she has a ton of them!!

I have known her for some time now and she is very nice. Even gave me a skin-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

I forgot to post about last week's tour! We went to Ilha Magica on Kitely first (grid.kitely.com:8002:Ilha Magica). It is a truly beautiful four-region world built by Miguel Rotunno. In addition to the lovely forests, animals, castles, and floating airships (outfitted for a party!), he has also put out a number of hypergates to the major grids and other interesting places on the hypergrid. This is definitely a world worth keeping an eye on.

Our second destination for the day was Francogrid. (hg.francogrid.org:80) Everything about this landing area says french surrealism. The destination menu consists of a blue octupus looking thing with an eyeball on the top for the menu and eyeballs on the left to navigate through the choices. The middle shows a wavy, watery picture of the destination. It's incredibly cool.

Min and I went on to a lovely world where the store is inside a treasure chest, which is being lounged upon by a gorgeous giant woman. Inside are beautiful (and free) avatars, accessories, skins, and more. Stunning.

I am obviously going to have to set up a Flickr account because words alone cannot describe the wonders of opensim.
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post (total 4):
Dundridge DreadlowMarstol NitelyConstance PeregrineDot Matrix
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

I am considering moving the date of the tours from Thursdays to Saturdays on the theory that there are more folks around on the weekend. I don't see any events listed on the two calendars for Saturdays at 1pm. If that time conflicts with any regular events, please let me know. Otherwise I will move the Metaverse tours to Saturdays at 1pm. I'm also planning to focus more on Kitely worlds with longer, more thorough tours. There are plenty of great worlds in Kitely to get to know.
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post (total 5):
Dundridge DreadlowCarlos LoffMarstol NitelyConstance PeregrineDot Matrix
Serena Jewell
Has thanked: 0

Post by Serena Jewell »

Hi all. Today's Metaverse tour will leave from Kitely Welcome Center at 1pm. I haven't done any publicity around this because I wasn't sure I could be inworld at that time. So today's first world will be a visit to a Kitely world where we try to solve a mystery. Then a Kitely world with an interesting navigation system. Then if anyone is interested in Hypergridding, we'll do it.
These users thanked the author Serena Jewell for the post:
Dundridge Dreadlow
Serena Jewell
Has thanked: 0

Post by Serena Jewell »

Is it just me, or has something strange happened to my account? Look at my profile pic on the left for my last two responses. Suddenly I have a different picture and the numbers of my posts and likes are reset at zero. Hmmm.
These users thanked the author Serena Jewell for the post:
Dundridge Dreadlow
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

You seem to be logged in as someone else with ALMOST the same name !
Serene Serena...
IMPOSTER !

haha :D
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post:
Marstol Nitely
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

Lol. I think I figured it out. It was a Facebook, Twitter thing. I think.

I think I figured out the notice board! Yay. Will do it in advance for next week's tour.

These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post (total 3):
Dundridge DreadlowMarstol NitelyDot Matrix
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

Last week's Metaverse Tour started with a visit to the scene of a crime - a murder has been committed in the Kitely community. We got badges, grilled the NPC's, and hunted around for clues. We learned that it's easy to confuse an NPC if 3 people talk to them at once. (Good tip to keep in mind in case the NPC's ever decide to rise up against us.) We moved on to Marstols epic region called Marcat. Chaos ensued as we tried to figure out if we could all fit in one airship and ended up instead in the ocean. People grabbed their own airships and began battering each other in the skies. Crazy but fun. Those who were left after the airship wars went on to beautiful region of Ilha Magica to try out it's hypergates. We found the gate for Metropolis Center and went there to check out the welcome area and the train station.

This week we will take a look at what it takes to set up a region with an educational, nonprofit mission. Then we'll take off on the hypergrid to visit another nonprofit, where we can see walk around inside a molecule and see an archaological site in progress.

We meet at 1pm at the Kitely Welcome Center. If it's your first time hypergridding, we'll help you out and you might want to come a little early to get all kitted out. Let's tour the Metaverse!
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineMarstol Nitely
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

We had a great time on last Saturday's tour. I've received a couple of requests for the addresses we visited, so here they are. I encourage everyone to visit these places. We barely scratched the surface at VIBE so they are likely to show up on a future tour.

CHARE Village
grid.kitely.com:8002:CHARE Village
A virtual-based coworking space for the real life Community HIV/AIDS Resource Exchange (CHARE) Project and its real/virtual life community partners. More info at http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Sal ... RE-Village

Unofficial 3D ADA Toolkit
grid.kitely.com:8002:Unofficial 3D ADA Toolkit
This project is an attempt to turn piles of official documents into an experience that offers better user retention and recollection. More info at: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Pam ... Government

VIBE
vibe.bio-se.info:9000:vibe
Virtual Islands for Better Education (VIBE) is a collaboration to create learning activities and tools in virtual worlds. Current builds include Nova Archaeology region, a simulation based on the Hardy-Weinberg equation relating to populations genetics, the Cardiac Electrical Activity Simulator, a training simulation for dental students, Project Alexandria, and the East Africa Traveler simulation. More info at: http://wiki.bio-se.info

The Metaverse Tour group chose to go through the Africa simulation during which most members of our tour caught tropical diseases or bled out from lacerations. We should have studied harder. This is a very well-built learning experience complete with HUDS, health trackers, NPCs, and quizzes along the way. I would recommend it to anyone building a learning environment in virtual worlds.
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

This Saturday's Metaverse Tour will visit with one of Kitely's most prolific builders, Ruby O'Degee. Rumor has it she has built at least 28 regions in Kitely! Ruby has coined the term "storybuilding" to express the nature of her work. After our visit with Ruby we will head out to more destinations on the hypergrid.

The Metaverse Tour leaves from the Kitely Welcome Center at 1pm PDT. Hypergrid address is grid.kitely.com:8002:Kitely Welcome Center . If you've never been out on the hypergrid we'll help you figure it all out. Everyone is welcome. Be prepared to meet nice people, occasionally lose your hair and shoes, and get to know another little corner of the metaverse.
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post:
Constance Peregrine