Build Captains Needed for Kitely Plaza Megaregion Shop Area

Current and upcoming events
Bladyblue Bommerang

Re: Build Captains Needed for Kitely Plaza Megaregion Shop A

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

Earlier this year at the Mentor meetings with Ilan I said we needed to attract high end content providers to the marketplace. I mentioned giving merchants on the marketplace a perk to list more unique content. These mall spots are an result of that suggestion. The merchants that post the most content on the marketplace get a store spot also for a limited length of time. When their time is up - other merchants from the online marketplace get spots.

The Kitely Plaza is considered a "loss leader". It is there to advertise Kitely Worlds and provide some customer service to new and existing clientele. It is hard work, but the pay-out is good will and an increase in the resident population. I greeted about 10 new people this weekend. 7 of them did not know they had a free island. I walked them through setting it up. So the plaza helps us interface with new people and increase retention. Not make a profit.
These users thanked the author Bladyblue Bommerang for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyAdagio Greenwood
Dot Macchi

Post by Dot Macchi »

The Plaza is a good idea -- an agreed, official central meeting place.

It's great that everyone's efforts there are already bearing fruit even before the plaza officially opens, with new people being helped to set up their included regions. That, to me, is THE key feature of Kitely -- being able to experiment with your very own OpenSim region, with all the difficult technical bits looked after for you and all for a very keen price. The potential is to unleash a lot of creativity.
These users thanked the author Dot Macchi for the post (total 3):
Marstol NitelyBladyblue BommerangAdagio Greenwood
Danko Whitfield

Post by Danko Whitfield »

Thank you, Blady.

"I greeted about 10 new people this weekend. 7 of them did not know they had a free island."

Wow. To both of those facts.

As I told you privately, I think the Plaza looks great. You folks are doing a wonderful job.
These users thanked the author Danko Whitfield for the post (total 3):
Bladyblue BommerangMarstol NitelyConstance Peregrine
Dennis Albion
Has thanked: 0

Post by Dennis Albion »

Bladyblue Bommerang wrote: Also, Dennis Albion was nice enough to come over here from Second Life and create all of the scripted devices we need to make the Plaza function for the visitors and the Kitely volunteer teams. He is currently scripting a HUD for greeters. When a person enters the telehub It displays the visitors name and Kitely age. Greeters will be able to be in any Kitely World and know when to go to the plaza to greet.
Dear Ms. Bladyblue Bommerang,

thank you for allowing me the opportunity to work at Kitely Plaza and meeting some wonderful people who I now consider friends. I commend you on your undying enthusiasm and single-minded passion in publicizing, promoting, and marketing a magical creation wrought from ethereal ethernet sands and virtual pixel dusts, first envisioned by your PowerPoint-like schematics of rectangular shapes and labels, and later implemented by Steampunk Tomb Raiders, talented sexy bunnies, fiercesome raptors, Charles Dickens-like child contract builders (excellent roleplay!), and many, many others, both modest and bold.

As my duties and obligations pull on me from both Real World and Virtual Reality, I will continue to do what I can to support Kitely efforts here for you and others, whether it is to update the next version of the plaza tour HUD, fix simple naughty scripts that just will not behave (you know who you are, yes i'm looking at you *gentle smile*), do quick analytics with a spreadsheet, or provide friendly tech support for installing Firestorm 4.3.1 to new users. I have enjoyed flexing my skills and being a useful part of this community. As we charge up the rocky hill of user-base growth and seek to plant the flag of technical and business success at its heady peak (hey, even I'm cringing at my own purple prose here), my best wishes to all as we continue to build a thriving world ! For God and Country and kiwi lime pie!

Sincerely,
Dennis Albion, Gentleman Extraordinaire and Occasional Rascal
These users thanked the author Dennis Albion for the post (total 5):
Bladyblue BommerangConstance PeregrineMarstol NitelyAdagio GreenwoodMykyl Nordwind
Bladyblue Bommerang

Since the Wired Magazine.com article about Kitely last week we have had quite a few newcomers to the Kitely Plaza.

Some updates to the telehub area that all newcomers rez in. I added a freebie store for guys and girls to choose a different avatar, hair and clothes

And some web launching signs so people know how to find their island and get more time online.

Please make more suggestions about how we can make it easier for new residents to get acclimated in Kitely Worlds.
These users thanked the author Bladyblue Bommerang for the post (total 3):
Marstol NitelyAdagio GreenwoodIlan Tochner
Bladyblue Bommerang

Thanks to Dot Macchi and Ruby ODegee there is now a relaxing garden tucked in the corner of Kitely Plaza.
These users thanked the author Bladyblue Bommerang for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineMarstol Nitely