Build Captains Needed for Kitely Plaza Megaregion Shop Area

Current and upcoming events
Bladyblue Bommerang

Build Captains Needed for Kitely Plaza Megaregion Shop Area

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

Every world needs to have that social aspect included. A place where new users can gather and get help figuring things out.

With Ilan's permission, I have developed a schematic drawing on a 4-sim megaregion for Kitely Shopping area and two plazas. Ilan will rez the megaregion and we can start building immediately.

Shopping Area Builders Needed

We need to have 7 Build Captains to take on the lead of building each themed shopping sim (Ryan Radio is the Build Captain of the Urban Plaza Sim). The themes are:
Tropical
Asian
Steampunk
Modern
Space
Gothic
Urban
Campus Style

The build captains can develop their own lay-out of the plaza they choose to build (the diagram just shows how many shops we need in each sim).

Freebie Activities Needed

We also need 8 wearable freebie activities donated for each quarter plaza area. Those activities are:
Skate Boarding
Lazer Tag
Fishing
Swimming
Ice Skating
Driving Car
Steam-powered Bike
Skydiving

The content providers that donate the freebie activities will have their store name on a clickable plaque in the plaza area. If people have any other wearable activities that can be used in the plazas, please post information here. All contributions are appreciated.

Networked Store Directory Needed.

We need someone to develop a networked system to know who is in each store and a store directory teleport system for the plazas.

Please respond to this post if you are interested in joining the Kitely Plaza Group as a Build Captain (mention which themed area you would like to create) or a Freebie Activity Developer.

Mentors and Greeters Needed

There will also be headquarters for Mentors and Greeters in the plazas. Those headquarters will act as free training areas for new players. If you would like to be a Mentor (should have 3 or more years experience in a virtual world) or a Greeter (no experience required) please post in this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by Bladyblue Bommerang on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ohn Lang

Re: Build Captains Needed for Kitely Plaza Megaregion Shop A

Post by Ohn Lang »

Wow!! Nice work!!

For the Networked Store Directory, you said you need a networked system to know who is in each store and a store directory teleport system for the plazas.

I can probably make that, but would need more functional spec-type info. For example, what is to be done with the "who is in each store" data? Is it real-time information to be messaged to someone? Or just logged, and to be gathered, on a daily basis? If so, by whom? Or is it to be sent to a database somewhere?
These users thanked the author Ohn Lang for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang
Bladyblue Bommerang

Ohn Lang wrote:Wow!! Nice work!!
Thanks!
For the Networked Store Directory, you said you need a networked system to know who is in each store and a store directory teleport system for the plazas.

I can probably make that, but would need more functional spec-type info. For example, what is to be done with the "who is in each store" data? Is it real-time information to be messaged to someone? Or just logged, and to be gathered, on a daily basis? If so, by whom? Or is it to be sent to a database somewhere?
I think we can have a web-based interface (For Ilan and whomever he wants to be apart of the mall management) that will show him who is occupying the store and for how long. IUt will probably be sent to Ilan's database.

Then we can use the key words from the marketplace at the directory. People can type the name of the item they want on a channel and a list of locations will be made available for them to teleport to.

Please design it any practical way you know of. I have absolutely no ability to make something like that. If it makes no sense, then please, do what you feel is best.
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Bladyblue Bommerang wrote: ...

I think we can have a web-based interface (For Ilan and whomever he wants to be apart of the mall management) that will show him who is occupying the store and for how long. IUt will probably be sent to Ilan's database.

Then we can use the key words from the marketplace at the directory. People can type the name of the item they want on a channel and a list of locations will be made available for them to teleport to.

Please design it any practical way you know of. I have absolutely no ability to make something like that. If it makes no sense, then please, do what you feel is best.
Hmm. Something like what you are suggesting sounds really nice, and I could certainly do that. If Ilan/Oren were inclined to provide access to a page that I could query to retrieve store ids (01, 02, 03), store names, their landing points, and categories of items carried at the store, that would be cool, and very clean.

If it is managed entirely inworld through scripting/notecards/etc. it would be a little more labor-intensive.

I'm fine with whatever they will support :)
Bladyblue Bommerang

Ohn Lang wrote:
Bladyblue Bommerang wrote: I think we can have a web-based interface (For Ilan and whomever he wants to be apart of the mall management) that will show him who is occupying the store and for how long. It will probably be sent to Ilan's database.

Hmm. Something like what you are suggesting sounds really nice, and I could certainly do that. If Ilan/Oren were inclined to provide access to a page that I could query to retrieve store ids (01, 02, 03), store names, their landing points, and categories of items carried at the store, that would be cool, and very clean.
I will contact him to get this set up.
These users thanked the author Bladyblue Bommerang for the post:
Ohn Lang
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

The more I think about it, as far as the who-is-where realtime info, I'm guessing that Ilan/Oren probably already have a means to tell exactly who is inworld and where? Coordinates would just need to be associated with the store footprint, I would think.

I can definitely develop something scripted inworld, but it might be an unnecessary use of inworld scripting resources (constant monitoring to detect whose present, whose left), if that real-time info is already available to them through their server-side programming.
These users thanked the author Ohn Lang for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

I would love to help in any way I can; I am not an artist and not that experienced as a builder but I can put stuff together and tweak til the cows come home (a little OCD goes a loooooooooooooong way!) I can help newcomers when I am inworld; much more availability on weekends, evenings during the workweek get rough. I am on the East Coast of the US, in EST time zone. I tend to build homey stuff or fantasy things, wherever that might fit in. One thought: two of my SL friends who I am trying to lure over to Kitely, asked if there were any dance clubs here yet. My SL friends tend to like dancing, shopping and going on hunts. :) Later, when we have a large enough population here, hunts are fun and good for getting folks to corners they would not normally visit.

Adagio
These users thanked the author Adagio Greenwood for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Adagio Greenwood wrote:I would love to help in any way I can; I am not an artist and not that experienced as a builder but I can put stuff together and tweak til the cows come home (a little OCD goes a loooooooooooooong way!) I can help newcomers when I am inworld; much more availability on weekends, evenings during the workweek get rough. I am on the East Coast of the US, in EST time zone. I tend to build homey stuff or fantasy things, wherever that might fit in. One thought: two of my SL friends who I am trying to lure over to Kitely, asked if there were any dance clubs here yet. My SL friends tend to like dancing, shopping and going on hunts. :) Later, when we have a large enough population here, hunts are fun and good for getting folks to corners they would not normally visit.

Adagio
Feel free to use my "Art Club thing" but it is a free region, meaning, one of the free ones they kindly offer so I don't have to invest real money [which I can't do anyways but my sponsor has before and will again eventually I expect] so it will take minutes from ya.

In any case, you can get some nice content there for a club kindly supplied by awesome ppl in the metaverse-)) look up when ya get there or use the grid map tp prim at the lp...regards
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Bladyblue Bommerang

Adagio Greenwood wrote:I would love to help in any way I can; I am not an artist and not that experienced as a builder but I can put stuff together and tweak til the cows come home (a little OCD goes a loooooooooooooong way!) I can help newcomers when I am inworld; much more availability on weekends, evenings during the workweek get rough. I am on the East Coast of the US, in EST time zone. I tend to build homey stuff or fantasy things, wherever that might fit in. One thought: two of my SL friends who I am trying to lure over to Kitely, asked if there were any dance clubs here yet. My SL friends tend to like dancing, shopping and going on hunts. :) Later, when we have a large enough population here, hunts are fun and good for getting folks to corners they would not normally visit.

Adagio
That's fantastic Adagio. I will send you a group tag for Kitely Plaza so you can be in the Mentor group there. The Kitely Plaza Mentors and Greeters will have headquarters on the plaza. We definitely needs folks that will take some time to interface with noobies.
Bladyblue Bommerang

A re-vamp of the 4 region Kitely plaza. Ryan Radio has already started on his Urban build for the Plaza. And we still need some Build captains. Get a Kitely Plaza group tag from me or Ilan and go check it out http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ila ... tely-Plaza