What do you think of a show and tell hour?

Current and upcoming events
Selby Evans

Re: What do you think of a show and tell hour?

Post by Selby Evans »

Marstol Nitely wrote:I'll take that as a no, lol. I think it's a brilliant idea and I'm sure it will be interesting. Please post the results if you get a chance. Thanks for all your hard work Serene. :)
Sorry, Marstol. Serene has the list of presenters, and I think she is too busy to post it on this occasion. I hope we can arrange that in the future. We have a G+ group and could ask presenters to post there if possible. That would give notice without extra effort.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

No need to be sorry Selby, but thanks for the explanation. Very understandable. Serene does a lot for the Kitely community, so I can see how she would be busy. It would great to have some idea of who and what in the future.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I'm doing something but don't let that put you off. ;)
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hopefully, I can come by to see what it is. :)
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I did and I'm glad I did. That was so cool Graham. In fact, all the show and tell items were awesome. Serene kept all the presentations running on time. Really glad I took the time to go!
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

There were certainly some very cool WIPs on display and some top-notch creators as well as ordinary folk like me. My preso didn't exactly go to plan but at least I know why now :) Looking forward to having another go sometime soon.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Minor glitch Graham. Everyone was impressed anyway. I'll be happy to watch it in full action though.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Graham Mills wrote:There were certainly some very cool WIPs on display and some top-notch creators as well as ordinary folk like me. My preso didn't exactly go to plan but at least I know why now :) Looking forward to having another go sometime soon.
This presentation may be one we want to get on video when the object is working well. We will need the presentation in voice if we are to do that.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I've left a copy at the landing place on Micrographia if anyone's interested. It works OK-ish there (let's remember that this is a WIP after all). What I forgot yesterday was that (i) certain OSSL functions require that you own the world, (ii) that perms would need to be set for sub-objects in order for the world owner (Selby) to get a full copy that worked as intended. What was lacking was proper defensive coding to ensure that it failed gracefully.

Somebody (Isis?) suggested that it either was or could be a storybook. An earlier version did in fact have a book format and pageturn animation. As most of the build is timeline-based, it has inherent narrative qualities but I think the idea in a more general sense has potential and is something I'm interested in pursuing.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

One of the great things about the WIP session was the diversity of individual contributions. We had avatars, animations, clothing, prim and mesh builds, scripting, etc. There was content of interest to both experts and n00bs. Of course, not all topics were of equal interest to me at present (who knows in the future?) but my attention was held throughout by the relatively tight timescale. Great work on the format by Serene and Selby.

One area I am interested in following up over the Summer is the use of NPCs in theatrical performances so I look forward to more in that vein in due course.