Join us today for a Kitely Mentors Group road trip (Apr 10)

Current and upcoming events
Ilan Tochner

Join us today for a Kitely Mentors Group road trip (Apr 10)

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Note the location change:

Today's Kitely Mentors Group meeting will be held at 1:00pm PST on http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Dot-Macchi/Vertex

All Kitely users are invited but please be on time.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Daniel Voyager

Re: Join us today for a Kitely Mentors Group road trip (Apr

Post by Daniel Voyager »

I think I used up my Kitely money and I've been on the free plan since I signed up for Kitely.

Now it won't let back into the region for the meeting today. :(

Teleport Failed.
You can't visit this world because you don't have enough Minutes or Kitely Credits.

I don't really want to buy credits on credit card etc because it should be free. :)
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

aww...daniel...gtsy tho-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Daniel Voyager

Post by Daniel Voyager »

It's rather annoying because I really enjoy coming to these interesting Kitely meetings.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Daniel,

The meetings are usually held in worlds which provide free access to visitors, which wasn't the case this time as we're visiting a world which is currently hosted by Dot.

Next week we should be back in a free to visit world (one which is sponsored by Kitely).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Daniel Voyager
Daniel Voyager

Post by Daniel Voyager »

Ok great, thanks for the quick responses.

:)
These users thanked the author Daniel Voyager for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Dot Macchi

Post by Dot Macchi »

You should have said in the meeting, Daniel, or just sent me an im from the World page.

Discussion at the meeting resulted in further tweaks to texture repeats and animation speeds, but eventually narrowed the choice of starscapes to just two:

hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Vertex/224/224/81 -- Starscape 1

hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Vertex/30/224/81 -- Starscape 3

Starscape 3 was thought to be more "real looking", hence potentially more attractive in the eyes of educationalists and other professionals. However, the colours and more-uniform star size in Starscape 1 were felt to be less distracting from the station's purpose.
Daniel Voyager

Post by Daniel Voyager »

@Dot: I arrived at the meeting for the first 10 minutes then after the kitely credits went down like every other minute. Then it logged me out of Kitely when it went down to 0 and then the message appeared saying I can't return.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Daniel Voyager wrote:@Dot: I arrived at the meeting for the first 10 minutes then after the kitely credits went down like every other minute. Then it logged me out of Kitely when it went down to 0 and then the message appeared saying I can't return.
I would just like to add here, IMHO, that what Daniel refers to is that of the business model of Kitely.

Personally, whatever works for Ilan and Oren is fine by me, it is their company, not mine.

But when field trips are done away from free regions, and thus it costs minutes to those of us used to things being free [and like myself, who cannot afford to spend money for minutes], then, imo, they should be done on regions that are free also.

I never understood why this was done when it could have so easily been done on some special region...maybe I am missing something [this has been known to happen-))].

Obviously, people pay, somehow, in most commercial grids...in sl I have a big problem with paying for uploads [and thus not having things I want in sl] and in other commercial grids other ways are found to defray costs and attempt to make profits, it is the nature of it, of course.

But it does seem to me that to do these meetings it is best to optimize the freedom of participation. It can be off-putting if most anything gets in the way of a free exchange of ideas and participation.

I do understand that commercial grids are in the mindset of funneling what they can from sl, but many of us Metanauts need new innovations to keep our interests.

Kitely is interesting, and has unique concepts that I think are very innovative...but a slight consideration for us who are not much on traveling commercial grids might be something to consider, at least with these weekly meetings.

[not meaning to stir up anything here, just some thoughts for your consideration]
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...