((OOC))Attention: Storytellers and Writers

Current and upcoming events
Danko Whitfield

((OOC))Attention: Storytellers and Writers

Post by Danko Whitfield »

Announcing an informal gathering of Myst/Uru-inspired storytellers and writers!

This gathering, the first of its kind, will take place on Kitely grid on Sunday, 6 January 2013, at 16:00 UTC in the world of Curiosity. http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Pai ... /Curiosity
4pm UK Time
11am Eastern US Time
8am Pacific US Time

The purpose of the gathering is to give RP storytellers and writers a place to share ideas, news, information, gossip, tea, biscuits, thoughts on issues of interest or concern and possibly even to inspire collaboration. You need bring only your cheery self. If you are not so cheery, come anyway but be prepared to put up with a general cheeriness.

We plan to hold a regular gathering on the first Sunday of each month at this same time. We will vary the time from time to time just to throw you off...no, to accommodate others.

We hope these gatherings - yes, we are avoiding use of the word 'meeting' - will contribute to a sense of community among Myst/Uru-inspired storytellers. However, we do extend the invitation to RP writers of other genres as well.

Hope to see you there.

Dot Macchi
Ghaelen D'Lareh
Ruby O'Degee
Danko Whitfield
Ilan Tochner

Re: ((OOC))Attention: Storytellers and Writers

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Danko,

FYI, I tweeted a notice about this post in Kitely's Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Kitely/status/286558523414937601
Danko Whitfield

Reminder: our gathering is TODAY!! see above for details
Ruby O'Degee

Post by Ruby O'Degee »

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the helm today Danko. The gathering went so well, and in a timely fashion. We met each other, exchanged pleasantries, but I never felt rushed. The sidebars did not get in the way of the "not agenda." Many questions I had were answered, and I already have a short list for next time. :)

Thank you everyone else for for getting together too. It is so hard to find one another in the midst of all the surface issues we encounter. The first accomplishment I noticed is that we were all there after a long dry spell of not being in the same place at the same time. :D
"I am aiming for fantastic believability. You get enough realism. Add something with character, with style, make something that 's better than reality [fiction/non-fiction]." Jeremy Vickery (Pixar)
Danko Whitfield

Thanks Ruby. I had been reading your stories recently as part of my research, so it was nice to meet the author :)

Today's gathering was a good foundation to build on. I will post something resembling "minutes" sometime this week. Then we can start passing around ideas for the next session.

Once we have the intra-group communication set-up that we talked about today, it will be easier to coordinate collaborative stories. In the meantime, since you brought up the idea of looking for branches... if you'd like to read my archive of Devokan stories, check out the Devokan category of my personal RP blog...
http://dankowhitfield.wordpress.com/category/devokan/

...and I'll continue reading the Lakewater threads.

We can talk more via the subforum we discussed when things are ready.

Thanks for taking part today - and for adding your name to the invitation. Talk soon.

- Danko