History Month in August

Current and upcoming events
Freda Frostbite

Re: History Month in August

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Just filling in some more details I know that I did not know yesterday.

Music Events Thus Far Scheduled:
8/07 -- 9 AM Grid Time, Ghaelen Dlareh Speaks About Sacred Music: Late Ancient to High Medieval (Cookie II)
8/14 -- 9 AM Grid Time, Medieval and Renaissance Music (Cookie II)
8/21 -- 9 AM Grid Time, Baroque and Classical Period Music (Cookie II)(This could be presented by Freda Frostbite, but would love to hear from someone else with
this expertise and interest.)
8/28 -- 9 AM Grid Time, Romantic Period Music (Cookie II) (This could be presented by Freda Frostbite, but would love to hear from someone else with this
expertise and interest.)

Literary Events Thus Far Scheduled:
8/07 -- 10:30 AM Grid Time, Ancient to Medieval Literature
8/14 -- 10:30 AM Grid Time, Jown of Arc in Literature and Drama (DeLandria Rising)
8/21 -- 10:30 AM Grid Time, French Historical Poetry (Kingdom of Florin)

The Grand Ball will be held August 28 at 11:00 AM Grid Time at The Kingdom of Florin. Dress for any historical period, though the sim is 18th century France. The musical stream and dances will be appropriate to the period. We believe there will be historical costumes available on site that day for any who wish to dress for the occasion.

If you are interested in hosting literary and/or music events in your historical region during Kitely's History Festival, please contact me inworld or via email. FredaFrostbite@gmail.com
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsLouis-Francis De_BeauharnoisOzwell WayfarerSerene Jewell
Ghaelen DLareh

Post by Ghaelen DLareh »

Freda Frostbite wrote:Ghaelen, I'm coming in to find you. LOL
LOL it was great to talk and catch up on happenings around the community :)
These users thanked the author Ghaelen DLareh for the post (total 2):
Freda FrostbiteSerene Jewell
A Curative Poison (a metaverse story)

De Landria Rising Market

The De Landria Project
Nyza Stillwater

Post by Nyza Stillwater »

First post (I think) in Kitely Forums, but I know a few of you already! Like with Freda, I'm in between virtual worlds, however, this is something I could help assist with wherever I am needed. I'm a history major so this is right up my alley and coincides with my passions. I even still have my Western Civilization textbook from 5000 BCE to The Present, lol. I could potentially aid in building (rezzing, not building original creations), providing sounds to liven up worlds, music (I have my own radio stream), and some minor event planning (I ran a medieval festival last year in SL), this includes creating a website.

I can bring over a medieval / rennie village I've been working on for two months from GCG to Kitely, since all the items are exportable (thanks Ozwell!). If there isn't a place that will host it, I may just have my own sim for a month instead.

Since Digiworldz is having their Renaissance Festival this weekend (courtesy of Faye Doff), it might serve as additional inspiration for this History Month Event.

While the group seems to be moving forward with a week by week basis for capturing historical time periods, I might simply suggest having at least one sim (or a parcel within a sim) have a snapshot of history in general, and then spinoffs sims (which may have already stepped forward to provide) for people to see more.

Those are my thoughts. All in all, I do love the concept very much.
These users thanked the author Nyza Stillwater for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerFreda FrostbiteSerene Jewell
Freda Frostbite

Nyza-- you history major, you. Would you be interested in giving a talk on a favorite history niche?

I like your idea about an overview sim. I am NOT a builder, so would not bring such a thing up, but I could offer land for such a thing if somone else wanted to see to it.
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Serene Jewell
Jacon Cortes

Post by Jacon Cortes »

Greetings Everyone

I am just catching up with this thread. Thank you Louis for letting me know. I would love to help out if I can. At the moment, I cannot say I have anything really ready on my regions at this moment. Antiquity is set between a span of years. Pirates and into Baroque to early Victorian. Currently, I have the two projects under way. Blenheim and Buckingham. Blenheim is more closer to be finished. Some of the interior has been done and we could host an Art exhibit or something in one of the galleries. Buckingham, right now, is only the exterior. I do not know if I would have enough time to export the interior in time for the event.
That said, I would be very happy to help in any way possible. Anything to promote history and period lands is a plus.

anyway i can help just let me know
These users thanked the author Jacon Cortes for the post (total 4):
Graham MillsLouis-Francis De_BeauharnoisFreda FrostbiteSerene Jewell
Nyza Stillwater

Post by Nyza Stillwater »

I'm not all that good with talks to be honest, however, I am certainly considering a building project.
These users thanked the author Nyza Stillwater for the post (total 2):
Freda FrostbiteSerene Jewell
Freda Frostbite

Jacon, I am remembering the marvelous exhibit on dwellings that you created for The Decades Fest last year (with very little lead time, I might add). I would love to have you put something together for this festival. Think on what interests you most about history in RP and virtual worlds. Maybe that specific interest could give you an idea of something you could complete in time for August. In any case, I am so glad you are in KItely!
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Serene Jewell
Jacon Cortes

Post by Jacon Cortes »

Thank you Freda for the kind words about the Decades display. I had such fun creating that. Hard to believe it was a year ago. Anyway, anything I can help with I would love to. I have completed a set of Heraldic crowns..for Spain, England, France and Portugal. Maybe an exhibit on the Monarchy in Europe or something? Rocca did an exhibit with Don Luis and his statues and busts of Europe was wonderful. What ever you come up with, i would be very glad to help.
These users thanked the author Jacon Cortes for the post (total 3):
Freda FrostbiteGraham MillsSerene Jewell
Freda Frostbite

I think the real point is that whatever YOU want to share would be gratefully and joyously attended and observed. I know your world is not done, but, if you would like to see the work in progress, you could put an exhibit there and invite people to explore.

Early victorian? Can you tell me what years are inclusive? I might be able to put one of the live events at your place. Maybe Victorian love poems or some such? Possibly a Fanny Burney reading. Fanny has never come to Kitely, but she could if I can find appropriate clothing. She lived to be VERY old, so you may consider her later writings to be "early victorian."

This is exciting!
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsSerene Jewell
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

I agree, this IS very exciting!