Kitely Events System and Calendar

Current and upcoming events
Selby Evans

Re: Kitely Events System and Calendar

Post by Selby Evans »

Please note that the Kitely events calendar is on the web here: [url]http://virtualoutworld ... vents.html[/url]

Instructions for embedding it in any blog are here:

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... r-any.html

The instructions also tell how you can display it as a poster on your land. The poster should allow scrolling (depending on how it is set up). I give away posters and scripts. The script resets every 15 mins or so, so that when scrolled the poster returns to its original display.

I think this is the same calendar Kitely is displaying, but I don't know that .
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 4):
Don SmithLorelei SeetanSerene JewellArton Tripsa
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

LOVE the dedication to Events! Thank You!!
It may be worth noting that attendance at Seanchai events appear to be on an upswing coinciding with these enhancements! Yay!
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 7):
Ilan TochnerDot MatrixSelby EvansConstance PeregrineFreda FrostbiteSerene JewellLorelei Seetan
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Shandon-- I hope you and Cale are okay with the fact I have been including Seanchai events in notices (Daily Kitely Events notices) I send out inworld and spam the web with. I hope it has been helping. It definitely has been helping events on my land and, I think, at Ravyn's. Have not heard one way or the other from anyone else.
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 4):
Selby EvansSerene JewellLorelei SeetanShandon Loring
Destiny02 Sings

Post by Destiny02 Sings »

Hey there,

I have recently moved to a new grid but with the same avatar name I want to make an order will I be able to receive it at my new grid?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Destiny,

Yes, you can have items delivered to your avatar on another grid if you set Deliver To in your Kitely Market shopping cart to Other Avatar, define your desired target grid and enter the name of your avatar on that grid.
Arton Tripsa

Post by Arton Tripsa »

The new events, destinations, forum pages on the log in Kitely page are really great – only they don’t work for me....not on my Mac computer running Mavericks or El Capitan, using the most recent version Firestorm viewer or the earlier one, or using Singularity, Alchemy or Kokua or chanting over a bowl of burnt chillies, cos I have tried to get it to work with all these..

I think it must be a Mac thing. When I click on a link the link next to it lights up. So if I click on the Welcome centre I get to the Sandbox - ditto with the other tools. I have spoken to folks on Windows and they do not seem to have this problem.

Would any folks using Macs like to comment on this? :-) Or anyone else?
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

I'm using a 2014 MacBook Pro with El Capitan. The links on http://www.kitely.com/viewer_login work as they should in both Firefox web browser and the Firestorm log-in page.

In case it's relevant, I've experienced a similar mismatch to the one described by Arton in a different game (Obduction pre-release for Macs). Clicking on one link opens up an adjacent one. I suspect it might be something to do with screen resolution and scaling.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Viewers have a bug if the window is too large. E.g., when I maximize the Firestorm window (to 2560 x 1440, on my monitor), clicking links doesn't work correctly because, as Arton has said, the clicks go to a different location. But if I reduce the size of the window then everything works ok. Unfortunately this is a bug in the viewers, so we can't fix it.

This wouldn't explain your problems in Firefox, however, as I've never experienced this problem with regular browsers.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 2):
Arton TripsaDot Matrix
Arton Tripsa

Post by Arton Tripsa »

Thanks Oren, that is the solution. I have a 27 inch screen. Usually I like to pull the FS viewer window right out so I can leap right into the world. But if I pull the FS viewer window down to a smaller size at the log in page everything now works properly, destinations, events and marketplace. Once I am inworld I can pull the viewer screen out again with no unwanted side effects that I have noticed:-) I guess it isn’t a Mac thing, it’s just that some Mac users like big screens ….thanks very much :-)
These users thanked the author Arton Tripsa for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixSerene Jewell
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Someone who was given editing rights to the Kitely Events calendar has intentionally or accidentally cancelled a bunch of upcoming events. This can happen when people don't realize that they are changing the calendar for everyone when they remove events from it.

Please pay close attention to changes you make to public event calendars.

We'll now be tracking every change that is made to the calendar and the identity of the person who makes it.

If your events were lost to this unfortunate action then please repost them now.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Owl EyesKoshari MahanaSelby Evans