Fishing contest

Current and upcoming events
Trouble Ahead

Fishing contest

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Hello fellow Kitely residents!
Im testing a fishing contest system in my world. Ik asking for some volunteers to help me testing it. If it works well I will run this on a weekly base. Fishers can win a gold, silver or bronze price , you will be paid in Kitely currency.

Using the URL in this message will bring you to the docks: there you will see a trophy stand , telling you who caught the biggest fish so far, and how long this contest is running. ( From now on , when I wrote this message, the contest will run 22 hours) You also will find a bag, the fish " pot " telling you how much KC is to win. A nice feature is , that visitors might drop in a tip in this bag , so the price will be bigger during the contest :)
You will find a sign on the docks , giving you a fishing rod and information , a crate and some chairs. By sitting on the chair or crate, your in the contest.

How does it work?

Wear your fishing rod.
Sit on a chair or a crate ( or even in a boat)
You will need to catch 20 fishes. I tested this and it did not took me a lot of time. You can do this while camming the sim, or writing a mail...
When you catch a fish , you will get a dialogue asking you to press " strike" button. When doing that u will be told how big your fish was.
Every now and then the dialogue will ask you to solve a simple calculation, so we wont have bots fishing :)
If you need to take an unexpected break during the contest: click your seat , stand , and when u get back, click it again, and your back in.
During this 24 hours contest , hopefully more people will fish , and when the contest is done , the winner will be paid. ( you can do several attempts if you wish)

My 16 sim world will have several fishing spots, so no need to sit on the same spot every time. There will be even boats to sit in and fish. A nice way to explore and enjoy outdoors life.

Here is the URL ... hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Tessin/109/256/22

Thank you very much in advance and I hope u will enjoy.

Trouble
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 6):
Ilan TochnerRobert StanleyRique GianoSue CaxtonMichael TimelessShandon Loring
Trouble Ahead

Re: Fishing contest

Post by Trouble Ahead »

After a first test , I think its time for a weeks contest ! The contest is open now. Price winners will be noticed next weekend, on Sunday .
People who like to join: if u like to give a tip, please pay the fish pot " sack" on the docks . During the first competition the price money was raised by little tips given by visitor! Thats very exciting.
I want to thank Linda Borganzone and Robert A for testing. ( Robert won the contest)

So, your having a full week to catch the biggest fish ever seen in Kitely :)

Enjoy!
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansRobert Stanley
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

This weeks fanatic fishers won: Linda Borganzone ( gold ) Tea Gupte ( silver) , Nevaeh Lyn ( bronze).

A new weeks tournament started until next Sunday. This will be the last one this month: to be continued in the third week of August.

Grab your chance and happy fishing!

Oh , btw.. for sailors, we provide a simple BWind sailing ship at the info stands. Pretty smooth scripted, so fun to sail and explore.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerMichael TimelessRobert Stanley
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Dear forum readers.

Another contest was finished and miss Linda Borganzone, who seems to have a remarkable talent for fishing , won gold again, and Miss Angelgold Bouscario ( visiting from another grid ) had silver. ( please Angelgold contact me to receive your price).

I made also a group for our sims activities so people who dont read the forum very often, but want to receive notices, can have all info.
Please copy and paste next URL in open chat, click on the link and your in the group.

hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/app/group/5ccf047d-1466-432a-b463-2f52b150210b/about

The fishing game has been updated and therefore we can do a TWO WEEKS contest. The fish will bite and the price will be paid, even when the sim owner is not around ! I know its summer season and many of you go outdoors , but for the rainy days , you can still catch this sea monster and join the contest . So next contest will end Sunday 29 th of July.

I wish all Kitely residents a wonderful , safe and relaxing summer. Hugs !
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerLucy BrownOrlando Furioso 2LouisAlexandre deLaunayRobert Stanley
LouisAlexandre deLaunay

Post by LouisAlexandre deLaunay »

winter here ...on a tropical Island .... brrrrr lol !
These users thanked the author LouisAlexandre deLaunay for the post:
Trouble Ahead
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

The price is bigger now. People donated KC .... so ... its getting interesting ! Contest closes coming sunday. Happy fishing !
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Trouble is back in town! People did good work in fishing again.
This weeks gold trophy : miss Salie Davis
silver trophy : Mister Trop Tord.
Congratulations!

New weekly contest is running, all welcome.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post:
Ilan Tochner