seeking participants for *quick* academic survey

Using virtual worlds for education
Constance Peregrine

Re: seeking participants for *quick* academic survey

Post by Constance Peregrine »

It is not really a big deal, I just thought it interesting as I travel around forums and such.

As you are similarly saying, it may have been best to not offer anything...certainly I doubt it would have made much difference, if any.

However, both grids I posted this on do in fact have larger cultural bases than inwz...though certainly I appreciate you can't easily know this, and that is fine also...please do not consider this any criticism but simply a point of interest.

In Kitely there are over 5000 regions, so I certainly do not know all the cultural things going on here, but I know enough to know there are many. Museums...I found several in a quick search just using that museum search criteria http://www.kitely.com/search?q=museum

And if by cultural you mean art...just one is http://www.kitely.com/search?q=karima+hoisan

But, good answer you gave, and reasoned out well...as I said, I just found it interesting, it is certainly not for me to suggest to you how to do things, especially since it is a fait accompli-))

[going to answer the other now...lol]
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Mercury Blue
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mercury Blue »

I completely understand why you pointed it out, it makes me think I should clarify on my other postings, so thank you! Ha, yes, I've realized that through the course of my surveys - I was going off of the most recent residency statistics I could find for the grids, which I'm realizing is not necessarily an indicator of cultural bases, as you say. (Hindsight is 20/20 and all that...) In retrospect, it was probably not necessary to offer any incentive anywhere, as you say, but I know that virtual worlds get many, many requests for research, and I was concerned that without incentive there might be little interest, so it made sense at the time to hedge my bets a bit. Kitely does indeed have some fabulous museums, and some really amazing art in general - I'll definitely have to check that one out! Thanks again for your thoughts, I really appreciate it. It's always my intent to conduct my research with as much transparency as possible, so I appreciate you bringing that to my attention so I have a chance to clarify.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Really, I appreciate how you answered, very much :ugeek:

Yes, going by usage numbers in all but SL is pretty meaningless as the numbers are really low in them all...and of course there is much more to all this than a mere observer, of sorts, can fully grasp, which may not really be what interests you anyways...and not a problem, either way, of course.

There are several main factors, however, other than mere numbers...in Kitely being the best land renting pricing for commercial grids, and in the other grid hypergating, which is also said to be coming here soon.

Hypergating opens things up vastly more to individual and corporate and academic places [tho of course there is much here with those also], but many folks prefer their own simulator instances for various reasons, and many offer hypergating to them.

What Kitely offers in that regard is the pricing which is commensurate with opensim hosting companies, and in most regards, even less, and in a stable single grid environment.

Anywho, thanks for your good answers and Merry Christmas-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Mercury Blue

Post by Mercury Blue »

Thank you for all that info, I didn't realize that about rental pricing. I really appreciate your insight, and thanks again for pointing out that I needed to clarify the incentive aspect - I'm clarifying that on all of my posts in other forums now as well.
Happy happy holidays!
These users thanked the author Mercury Blue for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Mercury Blue

Post by Mercury Blue »

Just a quick note to let you know that my survey is now closed. Thanks so much to everyone who participated! I've received so many fascinating responses, and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Thank you!
These users thanked the author Mercury Blue for the post:
Constance Peregrine