Using Sloodle

Using virtual worlds for education
Mark Gallagher
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Using Sloodle

Post by Mark Gallagher »

Hi All,
Is it possible to setup and use Sloodle in my Kitely region? If so, how do I go about getting this accomplished?
Thanks
Mark
Ilan Tochner

Re: Using Sloodle

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mark,

If you have Moodle running on another server you should be able to configure it to use Sloodle with Kitely.

For instructions, see: http://www.sloodle.org/docs/Sloodle_Adm ... umentation
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I've almost zero experience of Sloodle -- please let us know how you get on.
Mark Gallagher wrote:Hi All,
Is it possible to setup and use Sloodle in my Kitely region? If so, how do I go about getting this accomplished?
Thanks
Mark
Mark Gallagher

Post by Mark Gallagher »

Ian.
Thanks for the quick response and the link. I looked at the link you sent and confirmed I have the Sloodle module working with Moodle on the server, all seems to work correctly. I also have a download of the Sloodle tools (Sloodle Rezzer.iar) but this Sloodle instructions explain how to load .iar files directly into the bin directory of the OS installation. I tried Firestorm and Imprudence viewers to try and import the files but neither recognize the .iar file format.
So the basic question is how do I import the Sloodle tools into my region and inventory?
Thanks again
Mark
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Are you able to use sim-on-a-stick to load items into a locally run simulator?

If so, you can use that to load the IAR file, rezz the items inworld then export that region to an OAR file which you can then upload into Kitely during the new world creation process.
Mark Gallagher

Post by Mark Gallagher »

I have OS running on localhost for building and testing and have tested Sloodle/Moodle there successfully. Only the Imprudence viewer has an export feature but defines the export file type to .xml not .oar.

Also I have already created an account and started playing/testing items in my region on Kitely so... I'm a little confused still. Do I need to start over? How do I reset?

Ultimately I'd like to import my objects then use my region to deliver courses and assign tasks to users that will work with the objects in my regions.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You can create an OAR file using these instructions: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OpenSim_Archives

You can then use that OAR file to create a new world or to replace an existing one (which you do in the Files tab of the Manage World dialog that you get to by pressing the Manage link in your My Worlds page).

Alternatively, you can use Imprudence or Firestorm to transfer content from your locally run sim to your Kitely world. See: http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Imprud ... ent_Backup

Please note that we highly recommend you use a modern v3 viewer to access Kitely (such as Firestorm or Singularity) and not use Imprudence for anything other than content backup. Now that Firestorm also enables you to backup content we recommend you don't use Imprudence even for that. Kitely uses various performance optimizations that will not work with Imprudence, thus if you use Imprudence both you and everyone sharing the world with you will have an inferior user experience than had you all used modern viewers.
Handy Low

Post by Handy Low »

I've been trying out SLOODLE too, and running into problems that may be my lack of understanding of SLOODLE.

Has anyone got it working in Kitely?
Handy Low
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

I will stick to the Noodle...

Ami
These users thanked the author Amiryu Hosoi for the post (total 2):
Handy LowDundridge Dreadlow
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Ramesh Ramloll

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

I think Moodle integration with Kitely is critical for any serious virtual learning environment application. I am subscribing to this thread to learn what emerges.
These users thanked the author Ramesh Ramloll for the post:
Handy Low