Educators and Everybody: To bring students into virtual worl

Using virtual worlds for education
Selby Evans

Educators and Everybody: To bring students into virtual worl

Post by Selby Evans »

Educators and Everybody: To bring students into virtual worlds: The start.

Here is the second part of my project to provide instruction for new people entering virtual worlds.

http://uwainsl.blogspot.com/2014/07/eli ... ll-sl.html

This article uses a practice area set up in Second Life. If you are bringing students into a Hypergrid area, you might prefer to bring them into a place like Kitely. Someone could duplicate the area in KItely. If anyone wants to do that, I will be glad to ask UWA about permissions and access to resources. They may also be willing to include a link to the new practice area, but may not want to a place they don't control.

In any case, I will do a blog article and can list Hypergrid alternatives. And I will provide all the info in my curated pages on Education in Virtual Worlds, and Help in virtual worlds.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 2):
Carlos LoffGraham Mills
Serene Jewell

Re: Educators and Everybody: To bring students into virtual

Post by Serene Jewell »

I took a look at this and it's really well done. If they wanted to offer it up to opensim that would be great. It would take some work to change out the SL specific language to opensim language. If we want to attract more new users to opensim, we'll need quite mulitple introductory places. I know at least a few Kiteleans are already working on building newcomer regions.
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post:
Selby Evans
Selby Evans

Re: Educators and Everybody: To bring students into virtual

Post by Selby Evans »

Serene Jewell wrote:I took a look at this and it's really well done. If they wanted to offer it up to opensim that would be great. It would take some work to change out the SL specific language to opensim language. If we want to attract more new users to opensim, we'll need quite multiple introductory places. I know at least a few Kiteleans are already working on building newcomer regions.
I want to post on my blog about Entry portals and Newcomer help places, particularly in Hypergrid.

I am carrying a section here:
http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... orlds.html
Title: Getting started in virtual worlds
I will update this as I find more entry places. I hope people will post about them here or in comments to my blog.