Educator meetup for July

Using virtual worlds for education
Graham Mills

Educator meetup for July

Post by Graham Mills »

Those who attended last month's meetup were very impressed by Aaron's use of a HUD (Heads-up Display) on his Kitely build and asked that he return once more for July's meetup to provide further details. This meetup will accordingly be on the topic of HUDs and be of a slightly more practical nature, i.e. some building skills required.

We will meet on Sunday 27th July at 2pm PDT/9pm GMT/10pm BST for about an hour. Hope to see you there.
Selby Evans

Re: Educator meetup for July

Post by Selby Evans »

I notice that the meeting is not on the Kitely calendar yet. Also that you did not give the location of the meeting. If that meeting has a regular time, you can post on the calendar once and tell Google to post it every month for the 4th Sunday (or the last Sunday, whichever). Here's how:

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... vents.html

You can include a location (Hop) in the description.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Thanks for your suggestion. I (or Aaron) will post additional details next week. I will also post this inworld to the Kitely Educators Group and online to the OpenSim Educators listserv. Putting it on the calendar may cause confusion as to the intended audience. However, if Aaron wants to do that, it's fine by me.
Selby Evans wrote:I notice that the meeting is not on the Kitely calendar yet. Also that you did not give the location of the meeting. If that meeting has a regular time, you can post on the calendar once and tell Google to post it every month for the 4th Sunday (or the last Sunday, whichever). Here's how:

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... vents.html

You can include a location (Hop) in the description.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Just a reminder that the July educator meetup will be on the Kitely region Babble on Sunday 27th July at 2pm PDT/9pm GMT/10pm BST. Aaron Griffiths leads a session on making HUDs.

Hope to see you there.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineSelby Evans