Rockcliffe coming to Kitely

Using virtual worlds for education
Selby Evans

Rockcliffe coming to Kitely

Post by Selby Evans »

Excerpt from Rockcliffe newsletter:

January 1, 2015 Rockcliffe will be pleased to open up the following new virtual frontiers to our expanding portfolio of virtual environments and andboxes

• Avacon Grid
• Kitely

Specifically, Kitely is going to become home to Rockcliffe’s new collection of prototyping islands. These islands will be dedicated to collaborative projects related to environmental awareness and sustainable technologies.

Groups will combine discussion, peer review literature, and simulation in order to develop new and innovative approaches to solving problems facing both our local and global communities.

We could use help from people in order to collect or build components that can be rapidly deployed as part of the prototyping exercises.

If you’re a builder, designer or content creator interested in donating time and effort to these grids, please contact Kevin Feenan* directly , or Phelan Corrimal in Second Life.

*If you don't have the the email address of Kevan Feenan, send a notecard to Selby Evans in Kitely and I will forward.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerConstance PeregrineCarlos LoffSerene JewellMin Tigerpaw
Serene Jewell

Re: Rockcliffe coming to Kitely

Post by Serene Jewell »

This is great. I look forward to seeing what they do!
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

I hope I can partner with them somehow because Im building objects to showcase innovative ecological means of future transportations and clean energy sources, to finally open a Museu at London huge Battersea power plant
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineSelby Evans
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Carlos Loff wrote:I hope I can partner with them somehow because Im building objects to showcase innovative ecological means of future transportations and clean energy sources, to finally open a Museu at London huge Battersea power plant
How would you like to partner with Rockcliffe? If you are building displays about future transportation and energy sources, could you make that into a course on that subject? Perhaps a collaborative course in which learners build additional displays to illustrate their findings or their ideas? Perhaps a social media promotional course in which learners not just about these things, but how to promote their ideas via social media and other internet resources? Rockcliffe cannot give accreditation, but promotion develops its own credentials.