Scripting Classes

Using virtual worlds for education
Mike Lorrey

Scripting Classes

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Kayaker Magic and I are starting to hold scripting classes in Kitely for those interested. Kayaker will be teaching intermediate topics, and I will be teaching beginner topics. He has already scheduled his first sessions on the calendar, I'll be scheduling my shortly, still finishing my lesson plan. If you want to keep up on scripting education events, please join the "Learn to Script" group to get notices from us. Thanks.

- Mike Lorrey
Scriptus Maximus, Expert Fundibulation Engineer
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix
Mike Lorrey

Re: Scripting Classes

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Classes have been ongoing, Kayaker has had classes for a week now, my first beginner scripting class just completed. You are welcome to attend future scheduled classes.

In Lesson 1 we went over the structure of a basic script, the purpose of states, events, and functions, as well as proper syntax. We also learned the different ways to say things in the sim with a script, how those different functions work.

In Lesson 2 we will cover: Events and Data Types, Hovertext, Primtext, and media functions. Look at the Kitely events schedule for times and dates!
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post:
Chav Paderborn
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

There is a notecard of the lesson plan, plus a transcript of lesson one, in the red prim at the sandbox in SLexit island.
Krissy Batya

Post by Krissy Batya »

Hi Mike,

I tried joining your group "Learn to script" but it didn't show up in search. I've tried 3 ways. learn to script, "learn to script" @ "Learn to Script". Could you send a message to add me please?

Thank you,
Krissy Batya
Krissy Batya

Post by Krissy Batya »

Hi Mike,

I just realized that this is an old post. I did manage to find your group and join it. There is no need to answer back. I will just wait for a notice from the group if you decide to hold another class.
These users thanked the author Krissy Batya for the post:
Ilan Tochner