THE RAVENS CHAMBER

Using virtual worlds for education
EdgarAllan Poe

THE RAVENS CHAMBER

Post by EdgarAllan Poe »

Ravens Chamber4.jpg
Ravens Chamber4.jpg (28.21 KiB) Viewed 8086 times
Hello good people,

My dear friends at the Seanchai Library have created a very special place for all of You to visit with Me this autumnal season.
The Raven's Chamber offers around the clock presentations of my famous poem 'The Raven'. It is presented on local stream by many different storytellers and readers. This is an immersive as well as interpretative experience.

In addition to the audio presentation there is a continuous running slide show of Gustav Dore's fabulous illustrations created in 1854 especially for my poem. There are also many clickable items offering interpretive opportunities and information about the mythos behind and surrounding this piece, and it's effects on popular culture over the last 150 years.

The exhibit is open now and I would really love for you to come visit and show support to the fine folks at Seanchai Library, and of course to experience my masterpiece (if I do say so myself!) We thrive on feedback, and the perfect place for that is here in the Kitely Forums, and of course we would really appreciate you sharing your thoughts about this exhibit on whatever social media outlet you may use.

It is early in the season yet, and The Seanchai Library storytellers and builders are continuing to enhance the exhibit, and more readers are being added daily, so you may wish to visit often.

There many freebies offered here and will be many more as we continue into the season. Cool things like Lenore's Tombstone, an everwatching Raven, a bottle of Nepenthe, bust of Pallas, illustrations for your home, and much more. All these items are (or soon will be) available in Kitely Market, but you can grab them now for free at THE RAVENS CHAMBER.

They will also be giving away three copies of the Audible.com audiobook Forevermore, about my life and narrated by Shandon Loring. Three lucky visitors over the season will be awarded a coupon code to download this audiobook direct from Audible. You can learn more about the book at this link:
https://www.audible.com/pd/Forevermore- ... B00CZGKY7G

I do hope you'll have an opportunity to visit. Remember it is available 24/7 throughout the rest of this month and October.
The Raven's Chamber is located on the Seanchai Library home world at: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Seanchai/166/2/3001

SPECIAL NOTE TO EDUCATORS:
If you have questions or would like more information please contact Shandon Loring inworld, or email him at shandon@seanchailibrary.com
You are most welcome to use this area for a discussion group or listening party or some other cool thing, we'd love to know what you come up with!
A few of the interpretative items include:
- A Raven poem vocabulary scroll discussing meaning, origins, and usage of the unique vocabulary in Raven
- Artistic discussions of The Raven
- Symbolism of 'the bust of Pallas'
- History and usage of "nepenthe" across cultures and through the ages
- A lively commentary on the symbolism of Lenore and who she is/was, and her status in the corporeal vs ethereal worlds

Sincerely,
Edgar Allan Poe
These users thanked the author EdgarAllan Poe for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerShandon Loring