Magnus Sora (Name subject to change)

Role playing in virtual worlds
Sin Karsin

Magnus Sora (Name subject to change)

Post by Sin Karsin »

Magnus Sora (Title pending) was a project worked on by a team of four developers. The project originated in 2010 and ceased operations after several months. We’ve worked steadily everyday but unfortunately the project closed.

Now with 2014 approaching around the corner, I have recently dug up what was left of Magnus Sora and decided to bring the concept back to light once more but with new appropriate changes. As I re-read the original ideas, the notes had both pros and cons about bringing the world to life. So I am going to take the original concepts and begin the project again from scratch. I plan on modifying original ideas and drastically updating them appropriately.

When we first began the project back in 2010 we utilized a normal sculpt build. Since then with the implementation of better networking and coding and along with the use of Mesh objects. I plan to solely create the project with zBrush/Mesh.

This Role Play (MMORPG) project is being constructed offline with an application known as Sim on a Stick. We are creating a 4 x 4 (16 sim) region in hopes of developing not just a Role Play Sim, but a Role Play “World.” Our current prospects are either Kitely or Inworldz.

Unfortunately the developers I collaborated with years ago have a disappeared from the Virtual world and I have no way of contacting them. Which is why I’m looking to bring in New Content Creators. If your a Mesh modeler, scripter (for systems) or writer, please msg me.

Please Refer to our website for further details.

http://magnussora.weebly.com/

Latest Screenshots
ImageImageImage
Last edited by Sin Karsin on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
These users thanked the author Sin Karsin for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerDanko WhitfieldOzwell Wayfarer
Ilan Tochner

Re: Magnus Sora (Name subject to change)

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Welcome to Kitely Sin, I hope you select our grid for your project :-)
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Hi Sin-)) Welcome

In reading your website I found this mention:

"I been interested in the “Myriad” combat meter. Myriad acts more of a MMORPG meter (Similar to WoW) as in it has scripts to make your own monsters, quests and items. All of them are able to be programmed according to “Strength” with a treasure drop implementation."

Sarge Misfit has that system here, for free, at his region:

http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Sar ... -Excelsior along with other cool freebies ['cause Sarge, tho purple, is pretty darn cool]

And in the MP:

http://www.kitely.com/market/product/22 ... lay-System

As well, I am sure you have already noted that your 16 region would cost you considerably less here, to the point of it allowing you to have fun with it, than with inwz...AND you can import your OARs from you soas here...AND, you can make them a mega...AND......
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Danko Whitfield
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Sin Karsin

Post by Sin Karsin »

Yes, chances are I will most likely bring my world to Kitely due to the circumstances you've listed. I feel that many role play projects will soon come over as well. I don't expect this project to launch until spring 2014, with 16 regions there's alot of material to cover.
These users thanked the author Sin Karsin for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

There are several multi region RP things going on here...others may speak to that...tc
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Sin Karsin

Post by Sin Karsin »

I'll keep new screenshots posted in the first post.
Constance Peregrine
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey Sin,

welcome to Kitely. Good to see another RPG builder here;-) We cannot have enough of them. Hope your project will bring in some more people;-) Ahrg... talking about RPG projects... I should be working on my own project right now but can't put myself to work. Maybe 2014 will bring a bit more energy to me;-)

Anyways, welcome again and best wishes!

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Sin Karsin

Post by Sin Karsin »

Looks like 2014 will be a big year for both of us in regards to establishing our role play worlds ;)
Sin Karsin

Post by Sin Karsin »

I felt it's been long due for some new screenshots. Posted some new ones in top post.
Constance Peregrine
Sin Karsin

Post by Sin Karsin »

The project is still going strong, but I've decided before proceeding forward, I wanted to re-edit a bunch of my texture designs. I felt the world was to bright and was missing "Contrast and shadows." So with that in mind before proceeding with building I've decided to do my texturing again from scratch but utilizing multiple textures and compiling into one and adding a contrast layer for things like elevation. Here's some new textures I been working on in GIMP. They place together like pieces in a puzzle. I plan on crafting the world piece by piece so that I can get the results I want.

These users thanked the author Sin Karsin for the post (total 3):
Sherrie MelodyConstance PeregrineOzwell Wayfarer