SWRP TatooineRP New role play in development

Role playing in virtual worlds
Lunk Portal

SWRP TatooineRP New role play in development

Post by Lunk Portal »

Hey everyone, You all have probably seen me on here posting about this and that over the last few weeks, and during this time (since I first made the decision to join Kitely and use them to host my sim) I have made mention about my project, but first a quick introduction.

I am a designer, artist, programmer, master leather smith, published sci-fi author (www.Pandemic-Dawn.com) as well as a few other things. I have been designing and building on Second Life for about 19 years now and started using OpenSim as soon as it was available. I have built thousands of objects, even designed and built some items for a few video games.

I have been a fan of Star Wars since I saw it opening night at my local drive-in, and since the early 80s played Dungeons & Dragons.

The project I am currently working on, TatooineRP, is a 3-region sim of Tatooine during the 35 ABY First order/Resistance war. I have put a lot of time and work into this build as well as thought on how the whole system will work.

Basically, it is a role-play environment for avid as well as casual players where factions on Tatooine will work in protecting what little they have. Each faction will have a leader (who is an acting moderator for that faction), and we will have scheduled events as well as free-play.

My hope is I can find some of the right people who love Star Wars and role-playing who would like to get involved.

There is still a lot to do. I have created a website that just went live today to help organize the players and moderators as well as the writers and storytellers. (www.tatooineRP.com)

I have been building for the last 5 weeks, and I am getting close to completing the structures.

I still have more to do and need to find moderators/leaders of factions (I still need to determine all the factions) writers for the play & storyline, and avatar builders who have experience rigging avatars.

Here are the latest pictures on Flickr of my build https://www.flickr.com/photos/tatooinerp/

I am on schedule as far as the build and hope to be online (on Kitely) by April 8th to start BETA testing the regions.

I am pushing to have it ready for play by Star Wars Day :D We will see...

So...

If anyone is interested in helping with moderating (RP & Mod experience would be a bonus), putting some avatars together (we have a lot of the meshes they just aren't rigged), or writing storylines that fit into the Star Wars universe, get with me.

BTW, I have full disclaimers on the website as well as posted in-world at the landing point and have been making Star Wars stuff for decades, it's all cool as long as you have your disclaimers and it's just for fun.

This sim is free to play RPG.

Once all of the role play development is complete, we will concentrate on a combat system that fits our needs.
These users thanked the author Lunk Portal for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsKimm StarrSelby Evans
B. A. Shields (Lunk Portal)
TatooineRP Region
TatooineRP Website
Kitely Market - Lunk's Loot
My Novels and other Projects
https://linktr.ee/bashields
Lunk Portal

Re: SWRP TatooineRP New role play in development

Post by Lunk Portal »

Got the Great Pit of Carkoon finished :D

ImageThe Great Pit of Carkoon by TatooineRP SWRP, on Flickr

TatooineRP will now be 8-regions with Mos Eisley occupying nearly 2 of them. I am adding a lot of great things to the regions, like Old Bens house, Jabba's Palace, Abandoned Lars Homestead/Moisture Farm, Tusken camp, Jawa Camp, and of course the pit pictured above.

I am shooting to have this online and open by May 4th (star wars day)
B. A. Shields (Lunk Portal)
TatooineRP Region
TatooineRP Website
Kitely Market - Lunk's Loot
My Novels and other Projects
https://linktr.ee/bashields
Lunk Portal

Re: SWRP TatooineRP New role play in development

Post by Lunk Portal »

Over 100+ buildings and still growing!

ImageOver 100+ buildings and still growing! by TatooineRP SWRP, on Flickr
These users thanked the author Lunk Portal for the post (total 2):