Bulk import of EEP settings

General discussions related to content creation
Dot Matrix

Bulk import of EEP settings

Post by Dot Matrix »

I'm having a problem with the bulk import of EEP settings using the method described in the Kitely blogpost Environmental Enhancements and Improved Scripting.
  • I've located the files on my Mac (you need to two-finger-click the Firestorm application and select "Show Package Contents" first),
  • copied the files to a more convenient location,
  • fired up Firestorm version 6.4.13.63251 (latest current version for OpenSim),
  • then used Build > Upload > Bulk... and selected the .xml files I want to upload -- no options are shown for type of asset at that point.
Result: "Selected files can not be bulk-uploaded." with an OK button.

None of the other upload options allow the .xml files to be selected.

Perhaps this isn't implemented yet in the Mac version of Firestorm? I'll try on a PC.

... ARGH! Windows is demanding an update ... this may take some time ...

Was it worth the wait? No. Same error message. This is with Firestorm 6.4.13 (63251) Mar 1 2021 14:53:45 (64bit / SSE2) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with OpenSimulator support

The blogpost says:
If you do find the Presets then convert them into the new Settings assets. This requires Firestorm 6.4.13. Select from the menu: World > Environment > Bulk Import, and then select the specific type of asset that you are importing. This adds Settings items to your inventory, in the “Settings” folder. You can then use these items to set the parcels’ environments.
But the procedure doesn't seem to be working on Mac or PC even though I'm using the specified version of Firestorm. What am I missing?
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Re: Bulk import of EEP settings

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

Please email me your Firestorm log, it may contain more information that can help explain the problems you're encountering. Please attached those XML files as well.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Hello Ilan

I've emailed you the requested files from my Mac.

It's possible to import settings one at a time using the instructions on the Firestorm wiki:
https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_eep ... d_settings

So far I've imported the Water settings, one by one.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Dot, we'll look at them.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

I extracted the water folder from the ZIP file you emailed me to my Windows desktop. I then opened Firestorm-Releasex64 6.4.13.63251 > World > Environment > Bulk Import > Water and selected all the files from that directory. I then clicked the Open button in the files selector and Firestorm started importing the EEP settings files. Once that process was complete all the EEP settings files appeared in my inventory Settings folder.

Did you do something else?
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Ah. Sorry -- I was using the Bulk Import under Build! Thanks for sorting it out.

It works when you do it properly. How embarrassing!
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste