Second Inventory/Stored Inventory

General discussions related to content creation
Keith Selmes

Re: Second Inventory/Stored Inventory

Post by Keith Selmes »

Handy Low

Post by Handy Low »

Let's hope they get this sorted out - SI is a very useful tool, and better in some ways than the various TPV export/import functions.
Handy Low
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Then you can email via the contact info and maybe they will respond.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Barnard Smith

Post by Barnard Smith »

Ilan,

I beak no laws. What sculpts, textures, or miscellaneous files contained within my personal builds are covered by full permission initial purchase, as well as legal and well documented private agreements and purchased license between myself and the creators of those items concerned that are contained within such builds. I've tried to be so careful; I've spent months and hundreds of hours in time brokering deals with these merchants in obtaining each of their personal permissions, agreement, or license to import and sale if I choose to do so.

Although I can see how Second Inventory can be used to exploit some IP creation rights, I assure you that this is not the case here. Many of the third party viewers allow for one or several violations of copyright, IP rights law, and it is left up to how the end user uses these tools, and to the games that allow these viewers/tools to be used. When I came into Kitely (nearly a year ago now) Second inventory was the premiere recommended import tool suggested to me personally by the Kitely staff. Thanks
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Barnard,

I apologize, I should have chosen my words better. AFAIK, Second Life TOS prevent programs from exporting content of which you are not the creator. The content creators are the true copyright owners and they have a legal right to license their content to you. However, SL can define what programs can and can't be used to log into SL. The question therefore isn't whether you can obtain a license from the copyright holders (you can) but rather whether SL TOS allow you export copies of the content you legally acquired from a third-party.

As far as Kitely goes, if you have a license to sell third-party content in Kitely and clearly indicate that in your product listing then you're fine with our TOS. See: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... l+Property
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Barnard Smith
Barnard Smith

Post by Barnard Smith »

Its cool Ilan,

In this process I've gotten bunches of SL merchants to come visit Kitely, and many have stayed, and a few have set up shop here. I expect others will do so later as Kitely moves forward. Just speadin the gospel of Kitely brother LOL :) I wish nothing but the best for it.

I know many do, I just wish even more residents talked Kitely up...get out there brotha and sistas and spread the word:) It wouldn't hurt to do it now with this silly confusion over the changes in up coming plans. Its simple, if you like Kitely tell a friend! If you have already done that then please do it again.
These users thanked the author Barnard Smith for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansHandy LowMarstol Nitely
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

I emailed the creator of Second Inventory and he fixed the problem. The website is still down, but the program is working now.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 4):
Marstol NitelyBarnard SmithKeith SelmesKayaker Magic
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

All this talk of brothas and sistas tweaked a memory-))

Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Handy Low

Post by Handy Low »

Oren Hurvitz wrote:I emailed the creator of Second Inventory and he fixed the problem. The website is still down, but the program is working now.
Thanks, Oren. It's working here now.

To be honest, I'd long assumed it was abandonware. It's good to know it's not completely unsupported.
Handy Low
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Handy Low wrote:
Oren Hurvitz wrote:I emailed the creator of Second Inventory and he fixed the problem. The website is still down, but the program is working now.
Thanks, Oren. It's working here now.

To be honest, I'd long assumed it was abandonware. It's good to know it's not completely unsupported.
I'm happy for SI users that they have it working again. But if support is sporadic, which seems to be the case, and if major development work on SI has ceased, which I've seen reported in this thread and elsewhere, then it's probably only a matter of time before the product stops working altogether. Those who still use it would be well advised to work out alternate plans for the day that happens.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782