NPCs spawn extra attachments

General discussions related to content creation
Anae Deforest
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NPCs spawn extra attachments

Post by Anae Deforest »

Hi everyone,
First, so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place--I wasn't sure where to put an NPC question.
I've been using the odje otoole (http://oddy.nl/?p=895) scripts to make NPC castle guards, and for the most part it is working very nicely. However, I've noticed that the spawns appear with extra attachments (a boot, an upper boot part, a broadsword, or other parts). The NPC goes about his scripted path, but the extra attachments stay at the spawn point and don't disappear. It doesn't seem to matter what part of the body they are attached to. Killing and respawning doesn't fix it, nor countless detaching and reattaching before creating the NPC appearance.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution? At first I thought I might have too many prims in an attachment (the boots have buckles and the sword has a bandolier and scabbard). But the skirt with belt and dagger, which has more prims pieces than any other attachment, doesn't duplicate.

Thanks in advance,
Anae
P.S. For now I've left the spawning crate "hollow" so when the NPC spawns, the extra attachments are in the crate as if there are extra weapons and boots available should my NPC need them...but I don't know that I always want to use that solution ;)
Jack Spade

Re: NPCs spawn extra attachments

Post by Jack Spade »

Anae, I've noticed something like this. In my case, it was caused by multiple attachments on the same attachment point; distributing and consolidating them fixed it.
Anae Deforest
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NPCs spawn extra attachments

Post by Anae Deforest »

Thanks Jack! I will take a look at this....much appreciated!