Permission problem

General discussions related to content creation
Margot Muffen

Permission problem

Post by Margot Muffen »

Today I tried to put product boxed on Market, but when I do this permission changes.
I set MC for products and box, but on Market it appears M for objects (product and box) and T for script included in objects. I tried to put box and objects separately - then all was OK.
Permissions appears as I set when product is unboxed.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Permission problem

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Margot,

There are several aspects to your question.

First, did you make the permission changes to the items while they were rezzed or did you make the changes while the items where in your inventory?

The permissions of a box are affected by the permissions of the items placed inside it. If you place a no copy item inside a copy box then the box will become no copy while the item is inside it.

Lastly, we recommend that you don’t place your Kitely Market items in boxes, because that would mean that users who deliver your products to other grids will have to open three boxes before they get to the actual items. Kitely Market already makes sure that items are delivered to separate folders (when delivering in Kitely), or in boxes (when delivering to other grids), so adding another box to the process is not necessary. For more info about this please see: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... en-to-all/
Margot Muffen

Re: Permission problem

Post by Margot Muffen »

Hi Ilan,

Thank you for quick answer.
I set permissions of items when razzed and all: products and box as MC.
However what you said about many boxes to open makes sense so I'll try to put items unboxed from now.