Difference between "in-world" and" Kitely Market" perms

General discussions related to content creation
Freda Frostbite

Re: Difference between in-world and Marketplace perms

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I was also aware of this and I guarantee I did not read every word of the TOS. I am not sure how I knew it either. HMMMM...
pixel pretty
Has thanked: 0

Post by pixel pretty »

Can someone please help me understand something. I had a customer I gave a skin to and she told me she cannot hypergrid with that skin. What are the perms that have to be in order for a product to be hypergridable? Does this mean that I have to give full perms to my items?

Thanks Pix
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Hey Pixel-))

While I am not the final authority on this, and perms are not my forte...lol...I think c/t or m/t, maybe?

If from the market you would just need to check the export, as far as i know, and any other perms you wish to check, or not.

I think you could then send it from there as a gift...but again, this isnt really my thing, I just wanted to say HI!!
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi pixel,

Items originating from Kitely Market need to have the export permission (that is defined in marketplace listings) to be taken to the Hypergrid.

Items that did not originate from Kitely Market need to have both Copy and Transfer to be taken to the Hypergrid.

I recommend using the explicit Export controls in Kitely Market whenever possible.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Arton TripsaSelby Evans
SpoiledDivaCarissa Richez
Been thanked: 0

Re: Difference between "in-world" and" Kitely Market" perms

Post by SpoiledDivaCarissa Richez »

Sorry but the exportable is greyed out on all mesh clothing and will not show at all no matter if it is full perm or not. this is the problem nothing but textures are exportable. when I bring things in and rez them on the ground to change permissions and add textures nothing can be exported. which means everything in marketplace I have put there can't leave kitely. This is a major issue since your last update. Which causes me to wonder why this is happening. All my products are legal so there shouldn't be a problem. I am hardly new at doing this. Have been in business for 12 yrs. And have been in opensim and other grids and have had no problems. I sat here and watch the permissions change before my eyes on every single piece of clothing. I will not bring another thing in until this is corrected. Whats the point. I can see if this is a closed grid. But your update has caused one big problem for merchants involving exporting. If you don't solve it and unblock the exports there's no point in me being here. If you want a closed grid close it. If not then open exports. It's as simple as that. I knew what the problem was before I asked the original question and wanted to see what you guys were going to say. the answers I knew wasn't going to solve the problem of exporting.
Spoiled Diva Carissa
SpoiledDivaCarissa Richez
Been thanked: 0

Post by SpoiledDivaCarissa Richez »

By the way , Incase you didn't know this, every single prim I rez in kitely has the export buttons greyed out. It can not be changed!!! Like I said before only textures can be exported out of Kitely. Which means no one buying anything from me who lives outside of kitely will get their purchase.

Spoiled Diva Carissa
Sue Caxton

Post by Sue Caxton »

Kitely Export permission is a different system to the viewer export permission. The viewer version doesn’t work in Kitely, which is why it is greyed out.

That is why you need to use Kitely Market to have items that are still exportable even with the perms set to copy+mod but no transfer.

It’s a way of supporting designers and merchants so that they are able to set the permissions they wish to and still sell across the different OpenSim grids, not just to Kitely members.
These users thanked the author Sue Caxton for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerRobert StanleySelby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi SpoiledDivaCarissa,

As Sue explained, export controls in Kitely don't use the Export flag you see in the viewer so there is no point in trying to use it here. Instead, Kitely uses both explicit and implicit export controls. For details, please read: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Robert StanleyTanya Matahari
Mystiminx Firehawk

Post by Mystiminx Firehawk »

so if I make a mesh item, I have to give people both copy and mod perms to be able to use that item effectively? I was thinking about switching here from SL but I guess now this will be the deciding factor. good thing I read before signing up.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mystiminx,

You can sell it with any permission you want and still make it exportable if you sell it from Kitely Market and set the Export permission there. The Copy+Transfer method is just for items that are not acquired from Kitely Market (please note that even the inworld option doesn't require giving Modify permissions).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Chris NamasteMichael TimelessRobert Stanley