Confused about Freebie items for Hypergrid users

General discussions related to content creation
Spiral Silverstar

Confused about Freebie items for Hypergrid users

Post by Spiral Silverstar »

Can someone please explain to me how to set permissions on items that I want to allow those using HG to be able to "take copy" of? I seem to be thoroughly confused about this. Thanks!

Spiral
Ilan Tochner

Re: Confused about Freebie items for Hypergrid users

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Spiral,

For items sold from Kitely Market, see: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... plemented/

For items not originating from Kitely Market, see: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... rmissions/

Did that clarify it for you?
Spiral Silverstar

Hmmm, I don't think so. Those articles address Marketplace items and exporting Worlds. I am referring to simply having some freebie items for HG'ers to grab and take back with them. I do notice that one can set an "export" permission when the object is in inventory, using the Firestorm viewer. Perhaps that is what I was missing previously?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The Kitely Market export control system doesn't use the Export perm you may see in some viewers so the value of that checkbox in the viewer isn't relevant in Kitely.

These two articles relate to all cases of exporting content from Kitely, both using OAR files, by having that content accessible while hypergrid traveling and by giving it to other users on the hypergrid (this last one would also require the Transfer permission).

As per the articles, items created inworld which contain no components that originated from Kitely Market must be Copy+Transfer for you in order for you to be able to take them with you to other grids via hypergrid travel. Items that did originate from the marketplace must have been listed with the Export permission in their Kitely Market product listing.

Is this clearer now? :-)
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Ilan Tochner wrote:The Kitely Market export control system doesn't use the Export perm you may see in some viewers so the value of that checkbox in the viewer isn't relevant in Kitely.

These two articles relate to all cases of exporting content from Kitely, both using OAR files, by having that content accessible while hypergrid traveling and by giving it to other users on the hypergrid (this last one would also require the Transfer permission).

As per the articles, items created inworld which contain no components that originated from Kitely Market must be Copy+Transfer for you in order for you to be able to take them with you to other grids via hypergrid travel. Items that did originate from the marketplace must have been listed with the Export permission in their Kitely Market product listing.

Is this clearer now? :-)
What is being asked is what I already asked before - The advantage of virtual worlds as we know them from SL is being able to do a lot Inworld - have an object rezzed and without leaving Inworld or doing anything else with OARs, just tag that rezzed object as export and when anybody visits the world can right click that object and copy and use it on HG

What I think is becoming obvious is that there is no way to be sure it will work, even if we tag it copy/mod/transfer - there is no Export tagging button Inworld

That would be just great
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Spiral Silverstar

Well, all I can say is that I have an full perm item for anyone to "take copy" of outside my gallery, but when someone from another grid tries to take a copy they get a message saying it is Not exportable. ::shrugs::
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Spiral Silverstar

Ahhhhhhhhh, okay I will try that too. Thanks! :-)