Prim allocation and copy and paste

General discussions related to content creation
Jacon Cortes

Prim allocation and copy and paste

Post by Jacon Cortes »

good afternoon

This may have already been asked before, but here goes. When I first tried to rez a freebie home on one of the sims, when I would rez it, all the parts would end up on the sim line. Now, I am building a sample palace, and when I use the copy paste function on singularity to copy coordinates from one prim to the other, seems to also send prims to the sim line. Even trying to manually enter a position, has resulted in the prims heading south to the sim line. This is kinda odd.
Also, the prims seem to be not spread evenly over the 4 regions......3 regions share 15,000 prims and the rest are all on the principal sim. Am I just reading something wrong here?
Any help will be appreciated

Than you

Jacon
Dot Matrix

Re: Prim allocation and copy and paste

Post by Dot Matrix »

There seems to be a bug in both Firestorm and Singularity that affects the copy and paste function in the build dialog box. Numbers greater than 256 are snapped back to 256 -- hence the pile up on the sim boundary.

If you type the numbers in manually, that seems to work OK -- or it did for me. I made a note somewhere of the numbers, then typed them in. But it looks as though it wasn't for you.

As for prim numbers, the viewers only show the correct number of prims in the SW region. However, you will still be able to use the full allocation of prims over the entire world.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Jacon Cortes

Post by Jacon Cortes »

Thank you Dot. I will keep messing with it. I appreciate it. :)
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

I dont know how Kitely handles megaregions, but as I had a megaregion (4 sims together) in my standalone I experienced the same problem when copy/pasting coordinates using a viewer. Could it be that is your problem too? Maybe Ilan can tell.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

This behavior is controlled by the viewer, not the simulator. See: http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-8467