SoaS & Alts

General discussions related to content creation
Shandon Loring

SoaS & Alts

Post by Shandon Loring »

I been around a long time, a looooooooong time... lol and still I have noob questions... :shock:

In one of my worlds I have some creations that were created by me, some by an alt or two. I'd like to clean up my mess and have stuff show me as the creator. It's full perm of course...

I've noticed that when I upload some OAR files that everything in that newly uploaded world shows ME as the creator... objects, animations, scripts, textures, everything...

Could I use this for what I want to do? If so would I need to use SoaS to do it?

Any quick tips on how? Or directions to a resource on how to?

Thanks all!!

btw - I purchased and installed NewWorld Studio.. but it don't work and the dude that sold it ain't around any more except to accept payments I guess..
Ilan Tochner

Re: SoaS & Alts

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Shandon.

Creator information is saved in OAR files exported from Kitely so, if you import an OAR file created in Kitely into Kitely, the same creators will be restored.

You can replace that information manually in the OAR file but that will requires you to find/replace all the references to the alts information and replace them with that of your main avatar (depending on the exported world, the OAR file can contain quite a few XML files where you'd need to do this).