New to Kitely

General discussions related to content creation
Evision Education
Has thanked: 0

New to Kitely

Post by Evision Education »

I am very new to Kitey & new to the entire virtual experience. I just want to upload various items within the created world but i do not know how to upload anything. I only want to cang some of the existing labes within the world, like the flag but I dont know how to do that either. Is there some type of users guide to help me do these basic tasks?
These users thanked the author Evision Education for the post:
empress takii
Ilan Tochner

Re: New to Kitely

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Welcome to Kitely Evision.

I assume you're asking how to change the logo and the flag in a world created using the Universal Campus world template. Please let me know if that isn't the case.

You can find instructions for doing that starting from page number 4 in this PDF file: http://uc.onikenkon.com/instruction_manual_v1.2.pdf

What type of item are you looking to upload? Where will you be getting them from? (different types of items are uploaded differently)
Evision Education
Has thanked: 0

Post by Evision Education »

Thank you so much. We are trying to upload educational resources like worksheets, tests, videos & such. We have a lot to upload and are very ignorant to how to get it done. Your help is greatly appreciated.
These users thanked the author Evision Education for the post:
empress takii
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It sounds like you could use a feature called shared media (sometimes referred to as "media on a prim"). This feature enables you to embed a web page into your virtual world, so, for example, you could have YouTube or Moodle displayed on a wall inside your virtual world.

You can see instructions for how to use shared media in the following Second Life tutorial. The viewer they use is a bit different from the one used in Kitely but it should work the same in the Firestorm viewer our website provides:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Engl ... a-p/700145

There are also options that enable you to have inworld slideshows, etc. but they require scripting which is a bit more advanced. The Kitely Market will open in June, at which time you should be able to easily buy such scripted items and have them delivered to your avatar's inventory so you could position them inside your virtual world without having to create them yourself.

You may also be able to find free tools for educators mentioned in other parts of our forum.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Autumn Dreams