L3DT not accepting Kitely terrain RAW files

General discussions related to content creation
Mike Lorrey

L3DT not accepting Kitely terrain RAW files

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I've downloaded the raw file of Naboo, which is a 512x512 2x2 varregion, and tried to import it into both Photoshop and L3DT with no success. The import into PS gives me the requisite number of channels but the red and green channels do not show any sort of variance that would seem to comport with the actual terrain in the region. When I tried to import into L3DT, it said the file was much too large for the parameters specified:

"CL3DTio_RAW_HF::LoadMapFile warning:
- File size mismatch for 'C:\Users\001\Pictures\naboo-terrain-1-12-17.raw'
- expected size = 524288 bytes (512 x 512 @ 2 bytes / pixel, with 0 byte header)
- actual size = 3407872 bytes (2883584 bytes too long)"

Note: I specified an 8 byte format, 512x512, 13 channel image, interleaved, like all the documentation says it should for a varregion of this size. Please provide some guidance on what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it. It doesn't seem like the terrain raw files being exported by Kitely are actually valid.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: L3DT not accepting Kitely terrain RAW files

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

RAW file transfer via the viewer is done over UDP and that makes it prone to transfer problems both when uploading RAW files to a region and when downloading it from a region. The most reliable way to get the terrain information is by taking it from an OAR file you can create using the Export World option in the world's Manage World dialog.

That said, please see: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=479&start=10#p4739