Edit Dialog gives wrong link number

General discussions related to content creation
Mike Lorrey

Edit Dialog gives wrong link number

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Okay, I now have a second instance of this, where I needed to find the link number of a prim in a linkset, only to have the edit dialog give me the wrong number. Nor was this a new linkset, it was one that has been in the region for several months, and I've cleared my cache a few times in the interim. I had to create a script using llGetLinkNumber() to get the links actual number. I'm on Firestorm 5.0.1, Win7. The dialog claimed it was link 2 when it was actually link 13 (and the real link 2 also was displaying as link 13). There were 14 links in the set, I suspect there is a bug that is reversing the order for some reason.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Edit Dialog gives wrong link number

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

Please use the Deliver Debug Version option in the product listing's edit page to have the objects named according to their link order.

See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... -products/
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Mike,

Please use the Deliver Debug Version option in the product listing's edit page to have the objects named according to their link order.

See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... -products/
I did that, and it did not name them according to their link order. The linkset is still showing the wrong link numbers in the edit dialog.
Correction: I did a test delivery. Your system could not find any bugs, apparently, so it wouldnt let me send myself a debug version.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Which product listing are you referring to and where is the product located in your inventory?
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Which product listing are you referring to and where is the product located in your inventory?
https://www.kitely.com/market/product/14294239/Key-Pad
It is located in my main objects folder.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike, please rename the objects inside the linkset so it will be easy to distinguish between them (do so by appending a number according to what you believe is the linkset order). Once you've done so readd the item to the listing and keep the copy in your inventory as well. I'll then look at the inventory system itself and see if things are stored in the order you think they are.
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Mike, please rename the objects inside the linkset so it will be easy to distinguish between them (do so by appending a number according to what you believe is the linkset order). Once you've done so readd the item to the listing and keep the copy in your inventory as well. I'll then look at the inventory system itself and see if things are stored in the order you think they are.
I have done so, each is now numbered according to the link number the edit dialog gives me.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Looking at the inventory system:

In "Key Pad (1)" all the parts are stored in an order that corresponds to the names you gave them. Whereas in "Key Pad" part "6" appears after part "3" and before part "5" and part "4" appears after part "5" and before part "7".

Is that the order mismatch you're seeing in the Edit dialog in the viewer?
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Looking at the inventory system:

In "Key Pad (1)" all the parts are stored in an order that corresponds to the names you gave them. Whereas in "Key Pad" part "6" appears after part "3" and before part "5" and part "4" appears after part "5" and before part "7".

Is that the order mismatch you're seeing in the Edit dialog in the viewer?
I am seeing more mismatch than that. Prim 13 is appearing as prim 2, for instance, and prim 2 is appearing as prim 13
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

In which version of the item ("Key Pad (1)" or "Key Pad")?