how to upload different OARs to the 4 islands

General discussions related to content creation
Eileen O'Connor

how to upload different OARs to the 4 islands

Post by Eileen O'Connor »

Hi. I am tech savvy enough to get myself in trouble. I generally upload freely-available OAR content into my 4 by 4 islands. But I do not know how to direct the OAR upload - so one island gets populated and the other 3 are flat. Is there a way to direct OAR uploads to the other quadrants too? Thanks for any help here. Eileen
Ilan Tochner

Re: how to upload different OARs to the 4 islands

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Eileen,

The Kitely interface enables you to use a single OAR file when creating a new world. You can also use a single OAR file to replace the contents of an existing world (you can replace world contents as many times as you want).

OAR files can contain data for multiple regions, a VarRegion, or a megaregion, so you can use a single OAR file to configure your entire 4x4 world.

As you can't use Kitely to load multiple OAR files into the same world, if you have multiple single-region OAR files that you wish to use you'll need to join them into a single OAR file outside of Kitely. You can do this using sim-on-a-stick or using service providers who will do so for you (see for example viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2952).
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

As a replacement for the now out-of-date sim-on-a-stick, try Ferd Ferdinand's Outworldz OpenSim Installer:

https://www.outworldz.com/Outworldz_installer/
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Eileen O'Connor

Post by Eileen O'Connor »

I will definitely try these - thank you both very much. eileen