Problems with exporting

General discussions related to content creation
Tess Juel

Problems with exporting

Post by Tess Juel »

I'm trying to send backup copies of my builds to an alt from another grid but I keep running into the "not exportable" problem and I can't figure out why. Some are obvious - I've got the perms wrong on a few items (great way to check the perms btw) but some don't seem to make any sense at all.

This for example: There's a box with two items in it. It's all unscripted, all my own meshes and textures. Each item can be exported and the empty box can be exported but once I put the items in the box, it becomes not exportable.

Is there a solution to this? I can't send each and every item and texture separately, there are several thousand of them so it'd take ages.
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Problems with exporting

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tess,

Have you tried using the Export World Report to get more details about why specific items are not exportable? See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/
Tess Juel

Post by Tess Juel »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:13 am
Have you tried using the Export World Report to get more details about why specific items are not exportable?
Thank you Ilan! :)

That doesn't help me though. I'm not trying to save an oar, I'mt rying to simply transfer item from one avatar to anotehr in-world.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The Export World Report can help you figure out what is preventing you from being able to export the items, you don't have to download the OAR file it creates, just view the report.
Tess Juel

Post by Tess Juel »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:04 pm
The Export World Report can help you figure out what is preventing you from being able to export the items, you don't have to download the OAR file it creates, just view the report.
But where do I find the Export World Report? Maybe I should mention I don't have my own region on Kitely yet, 'm working in the merchants' sandbox.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You need to have your own Kitely world to be able to use the Export World function (which is located in the Files tab of that world's Manage World dialog). The Export World Report is created when you use that function.

If you don't have your own world yet then read the article I linked to to better understand what defines exportability in Kitely.

Please keep in mind that if you want to place items inside each other then you should do it when the containing object is rezzed and not directly into that object while it's in your inventory. Only take the items back into your inventory after you've checked that their permissions inside the object and the permissions of the object itself are all as you expect them to be.