Content creation guidelines for lag-free worlds

General discussions related to content creation
Mark Loehrer

Re: Content creation guidelines for lag-free worlds

Post by Mark Loehrer »

Hi, is there anyway someone can point me to an updated go-to for all of the above mentioned topics, as it seems a good number of the links are dead (old topic, I get it). I'm mostly using my opensim presently to train myself to make better textures (for use in an actual physical diorama) and I'm terrified I might have used the wrong sizes for custom textures...I know I've only gotten a few 1024x1024, though they're only used for side walls, and all buildings are phantom.

I am also curious about dae files. While by no means mandatory, when I post photos of the projects to my IG or other social media I do like to add flourish like a nice sculpted/sketchup stair case/railing here and there. But 99% of the time they don't upload (I assume too many triangles etc)...

Would it be better to just make phantom prim railings?

This has already been such a time consuming process. All my textures are from photos taken by myself or a friend around town, and I have about 80 more unique buildings I'm hoping to piece together...but I'm horrified that I might be doing it wrong, and I want to catch myself sooner rather than later.

Also I only use one script, for a few doors. Is it okay to have 1-4 scripted doors?
These users thanked the author Mark Loehrer for the post (total 2):
Gregg LegendaryAlexina Proctor
Gregg Legendary

Re: Content creation guidelines for lag-free worlds

Post by Gregg Legendary »

Something that i considered one of the most important lessons i ever learned in content creation....Try to visualize what parts people wont miss...and eliminate them...
These users thanked the author Gregg Legendary for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerMark LoehrerAlexina ProctorTess Juel