UNABLE TO UPLOAD RIGGED MESH INTO KITELY

General discussions related to content creation
Julia Laramie
Has thanked: 0

UNABLE TO UPLOAD RIGGED MESH INTO KITELY

Post by Julia Laramie »

I’m using Firestorm Viewer for OpenSim (Mac). I’m attempting to upload a rigged mesh item, but the “Include Skin Weight” option is GRAYED OUT. How can I fix this?

I would like to order a region for myself in Kitely, but without these issues resolved, I hesitate to do so.

Thank you for your help.

Julia
These users thanked the author Julia Laramie for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteAda Radius
Chris Namaste

Re: UNABLE TO UPLOAD RIGGED MESH INTO KITELY

Post by Chris Namaste »

:)
yes Julia, ive experienced similar things as you write,
also, loads of mesh is not uploadable anymore (it has been a good topic here in forum already - im sorry i lost where)

this started since the new ubode (i hope i write itgood?),
before all worked fine,
i need to upload often in another world, im just so very worried
(thisis not a negative post)
its just sharing :)
kind regards,christa
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Does it make a difference if you change the physics engine for your world from ubODE to ODE or Bulletsim? You can do this on the Advanced tab of the Manage World dialog box (click the “Manage World” button on your world’s Kitely web page to get to the Manage World dialog box).
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

The most common reason "Include skin weight" is greyed out, is: more than 110 vertex groups per mesh Object. I know, the armature has 159 bones. If you need more than 110 vertex group, you'll have to split up the mesh.
Other limitations:
No more than 8 material faces per mesh
No more than 21844 tris per material

Other requirements:
(Blender) Apply scale, rotation, transforms to all objects, as well as the armature, before attempting an export > import
If using custom LOD's, their materials name must match. In Blender, that means sharing materials across the LOD meshes.

Be careful about naming both LOD and materials. There are blogs out there on this, I don't think all my notes are up-to-date. Avoiding spaces and special characters is good practice in any event.

There can be other causes for rigged mesh upload failure and we'll need more information to help you.

Which 3D software are you using? Which version? I can help you with Blender issues if you're using the most recent versions but it's been over a decade since I've used Maya or 3dsMax.

Are you using Avastar? Which version? Or another armature to export? Avastar for Blender 2.8 and after is still in beta, as far as I know. Questions should go to their Discord forum.

I have been, with a great deal of help from Ai Austin, documenting some of this at the RuthAndRoth github Reference repo.
https://github.com/RuthAndRoth/Reference. In the readme files, the Wiki, and in the ods spreadsheet. The armatures are free to append or download.

I'm also co-teaching with Kayaker Magic, at Kayaker's Blender Bytes classes - Wednesdays 10am grid time at the Discovery grid. IM one of us for a landmark. We've had one class on exporting rigged mesh from Blender into opensim grids without Avastar, and can do more if people want them.

Good luck! Keep asking! There are so many ways rigged mesh can bork. Several of us in the Kitely Community can help.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Julia Laramie 3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Julia Laramie 3 »

Is it possible that it's a viewer setting?
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Julia Laramie 3 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:41 pm
Is it possible that it's a viewer setting?
Probably not. Which viewer are you using?