Zed deTremont

Problems with physics shape

Post by Zed deTremont »

Hi,

This is driving bonkers for some time now
Object: Floor in U shape for a theater

https://gyazo.com/3c66fee020e47fded6dbe272740aa7e7

Number of tris: 25
Number of tris of Physics shape: 15, the verts go till the most extreme edges on the <x,y,z> axis. as should be to get the floor working perfect.
I brought this element in second life, set to prim, no problem at all, physics works perfect and behaves as should do.
One small face is going in the z-axis direction to give it some thickness, if not, one can not reduce the size due to limitation of the minimum distance rule.
Problem: The physics shape is made as always, matching extreme verts and all, brought in via two systems. Physics analysed and not analysed. I know by experience that for some U-shapes and most closed forms it is better to analyse or it want work.

Picture with visual physics
https://gyazo.com/986ef98ccfdde6234e05e80f096672ed

First time I tested it worked, I do a second test to see if all is OK and for whatever reason I fell through on several places. Why did it the first time work, no relogging, no replacement of the object, no nothing. Form then on nothing but problems
Analyse or no analyse didn't make a difference.

I noticed a similar problem end August, early September with some door frames (again U-shape). In between nothing with this kind of shape has been made.

Is this some influence of the physics setting of the land (setting ODE), anybody any idea?

Thanks in advance for eventual replies,
Cheers,
Zed
These users thanked the author Zed deTremont for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Problems with physics shape

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Zed,

Have you checked how this behaves when you change the world's physics engine to UbODE or BulletSim?
Zed deTremont

Re: Problems with physics shape

Post by Zed deTremont »

Hi Ilan,

Thanks for your fast reply :)
I tested
The 3 act different but none is doing the trick correct
All give visual Physics if you activate it to be seen
ODE, the two long ends are not correct, fall through
ubODE, the small past on the entry, small piece that sticks out not correct
Bulletsim, a complete catastrophe holes are irregular and a bit anywhere

The physics is correct made though and according to common practice. I did zero out too (center pivot, freeze transformations and delete history so no foreign nodes are set.