Freebie Shops?

General discussions related to content creation
Krull Kitty

Freebie Shops?

Post by Krull Kitty »

Does Kitely have a grid owned sim that people can setup shop in to give away free stuff to residents?
Kind of like the ones in OSGrid?

I want to start a shop called, "Look what the cat dragged in" to give away all the free stuff I accumulate
on the hypergrid.

Thanks.
These users thanked the author Krull Kitty for the post (total 3):
Story LinkIlan TochnerTess Juel
Ilan Tochner

Re: Freebie Shops?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Krull,

Kitely has 3 official worlds:
Kitely Welcome Center
Kitely Starter Avatars
Kitely Merchants Sandbox

None of these worlds include an area for setting up your own shop. There are, however, several Kitely resident-owned worlds that do include free parcels for shop owners. You can find some of them mentioned on our forums.

Please note that many of the "freebie" items you find on the Hypergrid may have licensing issues. So please make sure to read and follow these instructions.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Krull KittyTess Juel
Krull Kitty

Post by Krull Kitty »

Thank you Ilan. I will look into that right way :)
These users thanked the author Krull Kitty for the post (total 2):
Tess JuelIlan Tochner
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Hi hi Krull,

We have a sim called Ratsdam in our megaword that offers free shops for merchants. There are already some builders who picked their shop in the city and offer free stuff and also put vendors directing to Kitely marketplace ( choice is yours )
Theme is old Dutch city ( Mix of old Amsterdam and other cities buildings ) and .... Christmas atmosphere now, perfect for shopping. Traffic is ok ( for Kitely standards :D )
How te get there: chose Tessin in your search, then step through the " Ratsdam " door, explore the city and chose your shop ( IM me and sent me the LM so I can keep it free for you)
Ohh btw.. we are always online! So 24/7 shopping !

Enjoy !
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post:
Krull Kitty
Tess Juel

Post by Tess Juel »

Do items inside boxes or vendors affect a region's load time? The reasons I ask is that a large freebie store sim may have a lot of those so it may be necessary to keep it permanently online to avoid several minutes of load time.

These are the rules I would have implemented if I was to host such a sim:
  • Not too many rezzed objects - as much as possible in vendor boards. This is to keep both the prim count and the lag down to a minimum.
  • No rezzed sculpts.
  • Do everything you can to make sure all content is legit. Let's face it, the vast majority of the freebies we find on the hypergrid are copybotted and as Ilan said, we do not want that kind of stuff here if we can avoid it.
  • No or at least very little Linda Kellie/Clutterfly content. I'm a huge fan of Linda Kellie but we already have at least two regions dedicated to her works on Kitely so there's no point in making yet another one.
  • A separate store for Arcadia Asylum/Aley works. She's important enough to deserve it.
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post (total 2):
Krull KittyIlan Tochner
Tess Juel

Post by Tess Juel »

Trouble Ahead wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:56 am
We have a sim called Ratsdam in our megaword that offers free shops for merchants.
Aww, you posted just as I was writing my reply!

Looking at the place now and I especially love the ice texture on the canals ^_^
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post:
Krull Kitty