Wanted: Gifts

General discussions related to content creation
Luna Lunaria

Re: Wanted: Gifts

Post by Luna Lunaria »

Where are we placing gifts for the celebration and when? Thanks!
These users thanked the author Luna Lunaria for the post (total 2):
Koshari MahanaRuby O'Degee
VISIT LUNARIA EMPORIUM ON THE KITELY MARKET HERE: https://www.kitely.com/market?store=13957705
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

HI Luna, Thanks for asking. We are still ironing this out with Ilan. Hopefully, we'll find out soon and let you and the other creators know.
Luna Lunaria wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:30 pm
Where are we placing gifts for the celebration and when? Thanks!
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Ruby O'Degee
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Does anyone know of a system for distributing gifts if the creator doesn't have permission to rezz on the land? We're having trouble figuring out how to do it. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 2):
Ruby O'DegeeChris Namaste
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Its late in my loop at the moment, so maybe these are peculiar ideas...

IDEA#1:
Send everyone to "Gift Island" for their prezzies. (With ample teleports back of course). Gift Island being simply Kitely Merchant Sandbox, or one of our own regions, or just a parcel even, where gift givers can rez and place our gifts in whatever form we want with whatever perms we want. We could put a big ol cake or something there too.

We can use our HALLOWE'EN MALL region if you like.

IDEA#2:
Could the solution be as simple as just a box owned by whoever can rez, with a Give Inventory script and the gifts from everyone else inside?

Remembering too that single notecard can contain multiple objects on it. Perhaps the Giver Box could simply give to whoever clicks it a single Notecard that has all the prezzies on it, along with Creator/Givers name and a description of each gift.

This requires some one person create the Notecard, and the Giver Box, and all the creators would give that person their gifts for inclusion on the Notecard.

Or would some kind of permissions problem arise??

I mean of course a big pretty Giver Box that looks like a stack of prezzies and a sign saying "Click Here To Be Gifted"!

Please forgive if this a silly idea or I'm overlooking something glaringly obvious.

IDEA #3:
Utilize Kitely Market. List a single special 14th BDay item that includes ALL the gifts boxed separately inside it.
When someone clicks the prezzie stack, they are directed to our BDay gift item on Kitely Market. Easy delivery, and promo for Kitely Market.

Three Caveats:
- Ilan recommends not boxing items in Market, but in this case it is really more relevant to do so. The individual 'boxes' could be whatever gift package the creator wants to provide.
- We wouldnt want people to pay for their gift! Perhaps the minimum $10KC cost could be waived for this one item? If the Market system is capable of doing that. Or maybe just list the item as "Demo" so the cost is $0KC?
- One person would have to be in charge of accepting the gifts from everyone and putting them into the master gift item to list in their store on Kitely Market. In return for their efforts though that persons store gets all the traffic!

Again, perms may be issue depending on how creator sets up C&T. The couple gifts I can provide myself will be Full Perm
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 3):
Ruby O'DegeeChris NamasteKoshari Mahana
Ruby O'Degee

Post by Ruby O'Degee »

Hi everyone. After so many years, I feel like a newbie again, but I asked this question myself yesterday. I can see that it's not any less a confusion than it was always. Permissions - eeeeeeccccck.

My stab at it. It seems to me that way back we made a temporary group for whatever (in this case gift givers). That way the security issues with dropping objects were limited to the gift-givers. I know it is extra work, but someone could look over the list first - control it, and change the status of those allowed to gift. This would curtail any potential mischief.

A time when the group no longer accepts gifts could be made with an opening for last-minute people who contact the controller to set down the gift. Maybe Ilan would agree to that? The gift drop issue will not likely affect every partygoer. Pickup yes, but not drop.

The idea of going to a "gift island" is also good, but I am not sure what happens when gifts are left there for a long time period. Or what that time period should be or whether chicanery could happen there too?

So, it's just an idea, but it seems that "group" is usually a good way to put some control over things. A temporary group.

EDIT: of course, the group thing would work better, if time and a deadline were announced ahead of time.
These users thanked the author Ruby O'Degee for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteKoshari Mahana
"I am aiming for fantastic believability. You get enough realism. Add something with character, with style, make something that 's better than reality [fiction/non-fiction]." Jeremy Vickery (Pixar)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ruby,

As the party is the day after tomorrow, my availability until then is limited and we wish to avoid grieffing, I think we should let Kimm and Koshari continue to collect and rezz the gifts from merchants who wish to contribute. Having said that, for future events I think what you suggested makes a lot of sense.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Koshari Mahana
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

yes to Ruby O'Degee, i asked same question :)

thanku koshari for posting :)

there are several people we can TRUST in kitely,

who wouldnt greef and we would take it 'on us' to only invite or allow in group etc,
and to feel we are trusted to make a temporary group to do so would feel that we are trusted (as well)

since, some of us, do a lot of work to help-protect kitely, and arent heard nor seen 'in public', only to the owners
anyway
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerRuby O'DegeeKoshari Mahana
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ruby O'Degee

Post by Ruby O'Degee »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:50 am
Hi Ruby,

As the party is the day after tomorrow, my availability until then is limited and we wish to avoid grieffing, I think we should let Kimm and Koshari continue to collect and rezz the gifts from merchants who wish to contribute. Having said that, for future events I think what you suggested makes a lot of sense.
Good. Thank you for the quick reply. I will likely learn something new about how to work out the bottleneck of permissions.
These users thanked the author Ruby O'Degee for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerKoshari Mahana
"I am aiming for fantastic believability. You get enough realism. Add something with character, with style, make something that 's better than reality [fiction/non-fiction]." Jeremy Vickery (Pixar)
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

This is exciting!! Perms will get tricky if a Creator sets it No CT and then gives it to someone else to give away...
but you all know that of course!
And I have every confidence you will work it out cuz you all are AMAZING!!

Granted it would be better probably to have the gifts right at KWC, but if a Gift Island is something you all do decide to explore, while I'm sure you have many places you could make that work, I did set aside a spot at HALLOWEEN MALL with a tiered platform for rezzing gifties on just in case last minute you needed it. (pic below)

Feel free to come visit, and check out the vendors, even grab yourself a free store to sell and showcase your works if you haven't already.
hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/OCTOBERWORLD/101/153/3172

Thank you all for everything you're doing and all the amazing, and challenging, work you've done. Happy (almost) 14th BDay Kitely!!!!

These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerKoshari MahanaRuby O'Degee
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thanks to all of you for your great suggestions! I'll leave the final decision up to Ilan.

Ilan, is that what you want to happen? People give their gifts to either Kimm or I. They would need to be given to us copy/transfer. Then when we set the out we'd change the end permissions to what the creator chooses. The gift boxes would need to be for sale, buy a copy, for $0KC.

Kimm and I will need to do a test run to see if this works.

We could also give creators the option to put just a notecard in their package that enables the recipient to contact them for their free gift, like a gift certificate, that way they wouldn't have to change the permissions or worry about a go-between (Kimm or I) having copy/transfer rights to their goods.
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteRuby O'Degee