Can I give away items with Export permissions?

General discussions related to content creation
Zuza Ritt

Can I give away items with Export permissions?

Post by Zuza Ritt »

I would like to know, if I can give my items to other people with Kitely Export permissions.

Sample 1: Somebody bought my item at Market, item had not Export perms, now I am adding to this product new variation with Export perms. I cannot redeliver it, it is not the purchased product, which is ok. Am I able to do that another way?

Sample 2: I believe some merchants will give away the Export versions of their products as gift or prizes in hunts or at events. How to do that? Can I set Export permission inworld? Without setting full perm permissions for the item...

Or will be this feature implemented in future?
Or am I completely wrong in understanding Export feature in Kitely? :) I am expecting the Kitely Export permission means people can export or take to another grid items which are no transfer. After this export item will have still original author, not the name of uploader.
I live among the trees. You are invited too:) Visit 21strom.
My Kitely Market. 21strom webpage.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Can I give away items with Export permissions?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Zuza,

The Kitely Market redeliver function sends the purchase recipient (the buyer, or the person the item was gifted to) the most recently listed version of product. So, you can use Kitely Market to redeliver updated versions of your products to your Kitely Market customers.

Once someone buys an item from the Kitely Market all the objects and assets in that item get an Export "flag" attached to them which defines whether or not they can be exported from Kitely. This flag remains attached to those objects and assets as long as they remain inside Kitely. You can therefore buy your own item and then give/sell that item inworld to anyone you want and it will retain the export setting it was bought with.
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Zuza Ritt wrote: Can I set Export permission inworld? Without setting full perm permissions for the item...
Hi Zuza, opensim viewers will need to be updated to add that permission option. I distinctly remember reading a discussion about it somewhere, and that the firestorm developers were looking at it, but i can't remember where.

Once they add the permission option to the viewer, then you will be able to set it in world.
Zuza Ritt

Post by Zuza Ritt »

Thanks to both for answers.

Ilan I did not realize this possibility, thanks for this idea.

Sherrie, I red the discussions about Export at OpenSim. As I can understand, Export permission in OpenSim generally is only possible for items which are copy+mod+transfer. Singularity has this feature, and I do not want to used it for this case:)
I can understand Kitely Export permission is different feature, which gives the possibility to set Export for items which are no transfer.
I live among the trees. You are invited too:) Visit 21strom.
My Kitely Market. 21strom webpage.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Good question Zuza. I was wondering about the same thing. I'm also curious if there is any reason not to give the item as a gift, rather than deliver it to myself and then give it to someone in world?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Marstol :-)

The export "flag" is attached to objects and assets in the Kitely Market delivery process so it will also be added when you use the Kitely Market Gift option to have them delivered directly to the person that you want.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Marstol Nitely