Are Child Avatars Allowed in Kitely?

General discussions related to content creation
Deuce Halsey

Are Child Avatars Allowed in Kitely?

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I am in the process of moving my virtual funny t-shirt and poster store from SL to Kitely and the Kitely Marketplace. My shirts are very basic, textures applied to the default "New Shirt" and "New Jacket" mesh clothing. So my shirts should display properly when worn by any remotely human-shaped avatar of any size. The thing is that some of my promotional signage from SL includes a family of avatars (mom, dad, boy and girl) posed together wearing various original t-shirts. The text is "Just4yucks T-Shirts - Fun for the entire family".

My question is, are child avatars (and references to same) allowed on the Kitely grid? I have not been able to locate any definitive ruling on this in the TOS or here on the forums. BTW, my designs are mostly G-rated. A few might be considered PG-13, but I won't put those in my main store (on a G-rated region), and I definitely would not advertise PG-13 shirts on child avatars. I thought I should ask about this before getting too far with developing my Kitely store. I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Thanks,

Deuce Halsey
(IRL: Dave Bealer, owner of Just4yucks.com)
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Ilan Tochner

Re: Are Child Avatars Allowed in Kitely?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Deuce,

Child avatars are allowed but only ones that can be categorized with a G-rated maturity rating (which all children-related products in Kitely Market must use). Their skin layer should have underwear as part of the skin texture so they can't get accidentally naked even if they take off all their clothes.

Please note that we do not allow any kind of activity and/or content that involves anything that can be construed as pedophile behavior anywhere on our servers. Such activities are illegal in many countries, even when only adults are involved, and we don’t want Kitely to be associated with them. This means that the content you create for children should not be sexual in any way or form.

As long as you stay within these bounds (and respect all other parts of our TOS) then you should be fine listing content for child avatars.
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Deuce,

Child avatars are allowed but only ones that can be categorized with a G-rated maturity rating (which all children-related products in Kitely Market must use). Their skin layer should have underwear as part of the skin texture so they can't get accidentally naked even if they take off all their clothes.

Please note that we do not allow any kind of activity and/or content that involves anything that can be construed as pedophile behavior anywhere on our servers. Such activities are illegal in many countries, even when only adults are involved, and we don’t want Kitely to be associated with them. This means that the content you create for children should not be sexual in any way or form.

As long as you stay within these bounds (and respect all other parts of our TOS) then you should be fine listing content for child avatars.
This is a good candidate for an FAQ, on http://www.kitely.com/faq, or maybe make this topic a sticky somewhere in the support forum. Child avatar controversies pop up everywhere in sl, osgrid, etc. Having an explicit statement on Kitely policy easy to find would be good.
These users thanked the author Sherrie Melody for the post:
Deuce Halsey
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Thanks for the quick clarification, Ilan. My signage won't have a problem based on your answer.

I agree with Sherrie that making this a sticky could be a good idea - or making a definitive statement somewhere that would be easy for new users to find.

Thanks again,

Deuce Halsey
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

This was partially covered in the blog post we published a month after we began our public beta in March 2011: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... f-service/

That said, I agree this topic needs clarification in a more easy-to-find place.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Deuce Halsey