Using Stored Inventory

General discussions related to content creation
nikita Jefferson

Re: Using Stored Inventory

Post by nikita Jefferson »

Thanks Ilan i will prob take you up on the offer although i found voice a bit hard to understand as it kept breaking up, but we could try that again.
These users thanked the author nikita Jefferson for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

nikita Jefferson wrote:Hi Marstol
Your right of course, but this whole 9 pages of this thread is my asking for help and of course everyone has helped and i appreciate all the help.
And I'm sure the 9 pages will be of help to someone else, but as you say i just got frustrated, my own fault and no one else s
Don't worry about it nikita. We all get frustrated. It's part of being human... or virtually human :)
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post:
nikita Jefferson
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

nikita Jefferson wrote:Thanks Ilan i will prob take you up on the offer although i found voice a bit hard to understand as it kept breaking up, but we could try that again.
Please let me know once you're ready and I'll drop by if I'm available.
nikita Jefferson

I was just researching the use of alpha layers for shoes instead of invisi prims,before i go to what seems like a tricky job to make them,is there no way to use invisi prims in opensim.
They work inworld ok but i have that problem when trying to upload the shoes to MP.
As i said before, it is an SL script,is it different from an opensim script? and if so is there an invisi prim script here i could use.

I was just thinking ,maybe i will upload the shoes to MP and do a test delivery and see what i get

I did the test delivery from MP, i got the shoes ok, the invisi prim scripts are in the invisible prims, but the blocks that are used to hide the foot (Protruding heel) are invisible at times and then turn black for a bit then go invisible again, then go black then invisible, maybe the SL script is conflicting.
If i wear the shoes that have not been taken from MP they are ok and the blocks stay invisible, so the script must be ok for opensim.
But uploading to MP seems to conflict somehow

I went over to VH which is opensim and got a free invisi prim script and put them in here ,then uploaded to MP and same thing happened. as above
I notice if i wear the shoes in world they go on and everything is ok.
If i wear the ones from MP when i put them on i get a message saying
script running" and the invisi prims become visible then invisible then visible and so on.
It seems invisi prims cannot go through MP successfully,
Maybe if they were boxed it might work
I tried uploading the shoes to MP boxed but they go on there showing the contents, but i did a test delivery and got the box inworld, unpacked it and wore the shoes, same as above happened.
I guess the only conclusion is shoes with invisi prims can t go through MP.
Has anyone had success using invisi prims in shoes through MP?
nikita Jefferson

I found an invisi prim script over on a secondlife wiki, ,i copied it and put it in my shoes then did a test upload to mp, left and right shoes .
Just the shoes show up there with no scripts showing in the description as before.
I did a test delivery and wore the shoes and they work perfect, the invisi prim stay invisible.
So it looks like this problem is solved
These users thanked the author nikita Jefferson for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyConstance Peregrine
nikita Jefferson

I found out why this latest invisi prim script works through MP where the other two i tried would not.
This one you put in the prim, it makes it invisible then removes itself, so when it goes through MP there are no scripts inside the shoes
Marstol Nitely
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

nikita Jefferson wrote:I found out why this latest invisi prim script works through MP where the other two i tried would not.
This one you put in the prim, it makes it invisible then removes itself, so when it goes through MP there are no scripts inside the shoes
Great problem solving nikita. Thanks for the info. I've never been able to make decent shoes, but if I ever do or know someone who wants to use the invis-prims I'll know what to tell them or who to ask about it.
nikita Jefferson

Hi Marstoll
I don't make shoes myself. its pair i made for my complete avatars,i had to find something to work and that script was ideal in that it deletes itself.
Marstol Nitely
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Roxy,

OAR files can be very big so an inworld kiosk would be a bad idea, it's not something you'd want in your inventory (it would slow down your inworld experience).

OAR files are complete backups of the entire world including objects, terrain, assets, parcel settings, etc. You can create them in Kitely by going to your world's Manage World dialog, switching to the Files tab and pressing the Export World button. Similarly, you can import an OAR file into Kitely during the New World creation process or using the Replace World option in the aforementioned Files tab.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

yes, it really is fun...lol

Eventually I am going to move my for sale ones to the free page as I am not longer able to properly advertise and such things needed to get the word out to make sales. Not sure when or even if I will do that, but, regardless I had already been doing more free ones when I was still doing them.

The OARs I have, some of them can be problematic since most were created in OS 74 to 76, and 80 came with many changes. They still have lots of things in them to help people along.

As Ilan has said in the past, however, it is best to find the many OARs fully created by one person and there really are a lot of those. Mine don't have an issue about perms and whatever gets other people's panties in a bind, but they include content by several others. I only added or modified a few of my own things. I do use much of Linda's stuff though which are fully licensed to do with as we please...animations and some other very useful things.

The idea behind my OARs was to supply some interesting and fully usable "as is" regions so folx could move right in and either mod as they go along or just enjoy them, or take items into inventory they want, load other OARs and mix and match their own thangs...'cause doin' our own thang is much more fun than doing someone else's thang.

However, Avia Bonne had a thang for a while of allowing me to host some of her own OARs she fully created, which have some awesome content in them too. Get her Tomb Raider one as it has all sorts of hidden gems in it , for surely.

Enjoy! Relax! Have fun as nature intended us to have!
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...