Building resource - Extended licenses from SL creators

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Serendipity Seraph

Re: Building resource - Extended licenses from SL creators

Post by Serendipity Seraph »

Forgive my ignorance but how does one get mesh and sculptmap products from SL over to Kitely or any other opensim grid?

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote:https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/123553

I sent a notecard asking if it was ok to use the sculptmaps, and if I could tell others on Kitely about the store. Both not a problem, just respect perms as normal. no giving away and sell only as part of a larger creation. Enjoy!
These users thanked the author Serendipity Seraph for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansGenavieve Page
Lotek Ixtar

Post by Lotek Ixtar »

Serendipity Seraph wrote:Forgive my ignorance but how does one get mesh and sculptmap products from SL over to Kitely or any other opensim grid?
For mesh the template creator would have to offer a downloadable .DAE version. This is usually a private download link in an accompanying notecard. And sculptmaps can be saved like any other texture if they are fullperm. Prefab sculpts itself can never be saved, only sculptmaps.

Buyer beware though, as some template creators sell .DAE or fullperm scultmaps with a license disallowing upload to other grids. Typically so you can make the product in SL in your name (and relieving them from customer support to your customers). I've also seen stores that have a mixture of licenses (part of their products are opensim friendly, others not).
These users thanked the author Lotek Ixtar for the post (total 2):
Ozwell WayfarerGenavieve Page
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

For JubJub's store..
Probably obvious to anyone looking, but if you add "Builders" to your search you'll get just the stuff the full perm stuff that hopefully can easily export and be used in Kitely or elsewhere (obeying JubJub's terms of course!)

it's ugly, but this link will get you just Builders stuff (i.e. Full Perms)
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stor ... D=builders
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansGenavieve Page
Nyza Stillwater

Post by Nyza Stillwater »

Giving this topic a bump because I found it immensely useful. Any other extended licenses we know from SL creators? Else I might have to go pester some... *grins*
These users thanked the author Nyza Stillwater for the post:
Genavieve Page
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

If it hasn't been mentioned already, Vryl Valkyrie's 3d Designs texture store in SL provides extended licenses for OS. She is the contracted representative of a number of RL studios, including Marlin Studios, so you know that what you are licensing from here is completely legit professional work from the actual creators. I highly recommend people get her extended licenses.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansGenavieve PageShandon Loring
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

As per this discussion, we want to offer a boilerplate notecard of language for creators to offer extended licenses for content. If anybody has such language already and would like to contribute it to the cause please drop a notecard on me inworld, or post it here. If you are a lawyer and would like to provide such boilerplate to the community, you are more than welcome, and of course we can refer people to your practice when people need specific legal advice.
Annie Moore

Post by Annie Moore »

Hey all! My inner wall textures, that I sell full perm are for use in all virtual worlds and 3D builds, I sell in both open sim and SL <3 Happy building.
These users thanked the author Annie Moore for the post:
Dot Matrix
Annie Moore
{Annie Moore} Home Interiors
https://www.kitely.com/market?store=13528266&wt=os