Mesh Import Settings

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Jacon Cortes

Mesh Import Settings

Post by Jacon Cortes »

Greetings

I had a question having to do with importing Mesh object. Usually, when I upload a mesh object, on the physics tab, I just select a plain box that shrinks to fit it....analyze and upload. Say I wanted to export a chair, made of three mesh objects linked from SL. I right click on it and export to a dae file. Here is the question, when I go to import it into Kitely, I select upload mesh, and on the Physics tab, where I usually select the plain box, by selecting that plain box, will it apply that box shape to each individual object in the chair?...or does it apply it to the 3 combined? Does each piece have to be uploaded individual to add the box?

Any help on this would really be appreciated.

Thank you
Ozwell Wayfarer

Re: Mesh Import Settings

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Hey Jacon

No, the box will only be applied to whichever part of the linkset is the "root". The best method is always to upload piece by piece.

I had a similar problem with my mesh houses. Many wall sections just use a simple box for phys, as you describe. I basically had to import a non-physical version of the houses, then rebuild each, uploading the components as I go.

In the case of something smaller, like a chair or table, would it not be possible to link the parts into a whole in Blender or whatever you use? Then the box will be applied to the whole object. You can still have separate texture faces if you apply separate materials to each piece before you join them.

Hope that helps!
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Jacon Cortes

Re: Mesh Import Settings

Post by Jacon Cortes »

Yes it does....:)) thank you very much... :)
These users thanked the author Jacon Cortes for the post:
Ozwell Wayfarer