Building copy/mod rights problems

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Genavieve Page

Building copy/mod rights problems

Post by Genavieve Page »

Hello again, I am having an issue trying to find what item within a building I am trying to upload to market place it causing my build to change copy rights set to no copy when I upload the building. I know that if there is something within the build that is not set to mod or copy rights it can change the rights for selling to next owner once uploaded. but I cannot seem to find the component that is making this change. When I rez the house out it always un ticks the copy rights so I re tick it. then un linked the building to try and find the source. But still cannot find it. is there any way to find this little hiccup quickly..
Thank again for any help, so far its been great support here really appreciate it as I am learning so much here. what is also strange is that when I relink it its shows next owner can mod and copy whixh is what I want but then again upon uploading to market place it shows no copy again. hmmmm
Genavieve Page
Ilan Tochner

Re: Building copy/mod rights problems

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Genavieve,

First, please note that you can see the specific permissions of each item you add to your Kitely Market product listings in the Variation Items table of that listing. This will enable you to see which item doesn't have the Copy permission and therefore causes the entire listing to be labeled as not having Copy (though it doesn't change the permissions of the items themselves, as those will remain as you see them in the Variation Items table).

Second, please make sure you only change permissions of objects while they are rezzed and not while they are inside your inventory, as any change you make to the permissions of an object in your inventory will only be applied once the object is rezzed. The proper way to change object permissions is therefor to rezz the object, modify its permissions and then take the object back into your inventory. You can read more about this here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Genavieve,

First, please note that you can see the specific permissions of each item you add to your Kitely Market product listings in the Variation Items table of that listing. This will enable you to see which item doesn't have the Copy permission and therefore causes the entire listing to be labeled as not having Copy (though it doesn't change the permissions of the items themselves, as those will remain as you see them in the Variation Items table).

Second, please make sure you only change permissions of objects while they are rezzed and not while they are inside your inventory, as any change you make to the permissions of an object in your inventory will only be applied once the object is rezzed. The proper way to change object permissions is therefor to rezz the object, modify its permissions and then take the object back into your inventory. You can read more about this here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions

Thank you Ilan, yes I double checked and the building I had set permissions while rezzed to copy and mod for next owner (I am able to set all three permission to the rezzed building) then took a copy of it just with the mod and copy perms, then tried again to upload it to MP. only to see again that the building only shows mod and no copy again.......... I dragged the building out of my inventory again and it shows still mod and copy ticked so I am still at a loss why its still only showing with mod rights when I try again to place it on MP..

I will have a read of the link you added here. feel like I have tried everything but must be something I have over looked. I am using a few full perm item from other creators within the build but they all have full rights as well.

Ahh I have read that link and I do have a few scripts set to no copy could that be what is making the house set to no copy once uploaded?..
Last edited by Genavieve Page on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

If any part of the product is no Copy then the entire product will be listed as no Copy in the marketplace, so your no Copy scripts will definitely cause the product to be listed as no Copy.

Please make sure you have an explicit license to sell in Kitely Market whatever parts you didn't create yourself. As per our guidelines, you're required to specify that you have such a license (and name the creator) in the relevant product listings. See: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... l+Property
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Genavieve Page
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Ilan Tochner wrote:If any part of the product is no Copy then the entire product will be listed as no Copy in the marketplace, so your no Copy scripts will definitely cause the product to be listed as no Copy.

Please make sure you have an explicit license to sell in Kitely Market whatever parts you didn't create yourself. As per our guidelines, you're required to specify that you have such a license (and name the creator) in the relevant product listings. See: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... l+Property
Thank you again Ilan that all makes perfect sense now. and yes the few mesh parts I have within the house build are full perm windows and doors with permission to use and resell within a build set only to mod and copy so I will also be including those creators names within a Licence and carefully read the url document to make sure I am doing things correctly. thank you again much appreciated for all the help
Genavieve Page. I am sure if just read more I would find out these things so I apologize if it seems I am asking so many questions here as I learn
These users thanked the author Genavieve Page for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It's okay to ask, please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions :-)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Genavieve Page
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Yes, check every child prim for scripts with nocopy perms. Its frustrating forgetting about one or two in child prims. I ran into that the other day myself.