Texture Written Consent

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Michael Timeless

Texture Written Consent

Post by Michael Timeless »

Recently I ran across a texture that will be perfect for a project. The company that is displaying the texture uses it for sales of a real world project, but they are not a graphics company. I have written to the company to ask (beg) for copy, which they distribute freely to contractors. My question is will an email from the company work to establish that I have legitimate access to the texture? I have no plans now or ever to sell the build or the texture it is simply for my own private use?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Texture Written Consent

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Michael,

You need to ensure you get their written approval to use the texture in the ways you intend to use and/or distribute it. An email from a person of authority regarding that IP that clearly identifies the texture and that grants you permission to use it in all these ways is usually sufficient for such matters. Please note this is not legal advise, it's just advise that should help you avoid problems down the road.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteRobert Stanley
Michael Timeless

Re: Texture Written Consent

Post by Michael Timeless »

Thanks I appreciate that. My friends always joke that, "I'm in my own little world," now they'll have proof. :D
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteRobert Stanley