Mesh Issue?

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Michael Timeless

Mesh Issue?

Post by Michael Timeless »

I've been going through a lot of OAR files off the OutWorldz website. A few days ago I pulled a mesh building off and started using it. Then it suddenly turned into what looks like a "wireframe" object. I thought it was because I had linked another prim to the building. When I re-rezzed it the same thing occurred has anyone ever had this happen with a mesh object?
I've tried editing the object and the objects are not "untextured" each has a texture. Even when I try to give them textures they still don't show up. I've unlinked each object, its small and none of them are "untextured." It's strange.
Any ideas?
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Mesh Issue?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Michael,

Is anything else in your world showing up as a wireframe? It sounds like you accidentally switched your viewer to Wireframe mode. See: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Wireframe
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Michael Timeless
Michael Timeless

No, just this one object. I also moved it to a different world. Suspect its just this single object.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Does it have a high triangle count?
Michael Timeless
Michael Timeless

Ilan
It doesn't appear to have a high triangle account. I've posted my hud readings and what I am seeing, of the object, below.

https://gyazo.com/be198575575f57c3effd55f625aeebee

What's really unusual is that for the first week or so it worked fine. Also, for some reason, and only on the world "Mike's Sandbox," Lightshare is active and cannot be turned off permanently. I can disable it from the navigation and search bar, or by simply setting sun settings to anything else, but the next time I login to the world it's back. I thought it could be viewer related but it doesn't show up in any other world since I loaded the OAR - Avia Bonne Scriptlibrary from InWorldz. I cleared viewer cache a few times and then let everything reload, is there such a thing as "world cache" that I am unaware of?
I've had another person look and the object doesn't appear to them either, so it's not simply my viewer.
I'm not sure if the two events are related, since this particular object has disappeared in other worlds, that I control as well, but the Lightshare setting is unique to the world "Mike's Sandbox," and doesn't occur on the other two worlds. The structure itself is not important, but I've simply never seen this before in a mesh object and I've purchased quite a few.

I'll be inworld the next several hours working on other projects.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I haven't encountered this type of wire frame display for a single object. My guess would be that it's some sort of object property that you've accidentally set for it.

As for lightshare, please check whether you haven't configured your viewer to override the region environment settings.

See: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LightShare
Michael Timeless
Michael Timeless

Ilan
Thank you. The solution to the environment setting wasn't obvious because it only occurred in a single world regardless of the .OAR loaded. I have done as the article suggested and simply disabled Lightshare, which works for that single world. I don't know much about lightshare and will have to read up on it a bit more.

As for the mesh object I will just turn it over to some friends to look at. I've restored the item from older backups and the same thing happens as soon as it REZs, I suspect their may be something in the original construction that creates that effect after a period of time or perhaps a condition existed in the original world of creation, in either case, no worries, not worth going nuts over a free object. Worlds End's Cave kit will accomplish what I need and it works well.

Thanks for your time.
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post:
Ilan Tochner