Sculpties Not Rezzing

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Aaron Griffiths
Has thanked: 0

Sculpties Not Rezzing

Post by Aaron Griffiths »

I have a created a sculptie edging on a number of platform on Hīnātore and am finding that when I go inworld a number of the edges don't rez.
Edges hidden.
Edges hidden.
Right-clicking on the platforms (they are linksets) will show the edges.
After right-clicking
After right-clicking
On one entry I noticed what appears to be an unresolved sculptie. The edge sculptie uses cylinder stitching and the point where this occurred is where the cylinder ends join.
Unresolved sculptie?
Unresolved sculptie?
Which linkset edge doesn't appear is inconsistent and the unresolved sculptie shown above was observed only once. All edges use the same sculpt texture.

Any ideas? Solutions? This build needs to be consistent visually for its student users so if its a known problem I'd rather work around it from the beginning rather than putting effort into producing bits that won't work.

Regards
Aaron/Isa
Aaron Griffiths in RL and Kitely
Isa Goodman in Second Life
Current Kitely Development: Occupational Medicine Simulation
F/Xual Education Services
Ilan Tochner

Re: Sculpties Not Rezzing

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Aaron,

How big and far away are the edges? If they are too far away your viewer may decide not to render them. If that is the case, Configuring your viewer's video settings may help.
Aaron Griffiths

Hi Ilan.

Draw distance was well up (over 100m). Had also tested proximity by standing on an edge then logging out and logging back in at last position, i.e. standing on an edge of one that consistently didn't show; result still not showing.

Also noted that the one edge that consistently rezzes is the one that is 18 x 18 (X, Y) so tested size by creating edges under and over 20 x 20. As can be seen from the image below I am stopped from moving by the bounding box of the 32 x 32 edge. Both that and the 25 x 25 edge don't show, as well as the larger one around the platform at ground level. All the edges less than 20 m show.
Stopped by the 32 x 32 bounding box
Stopped by the 32 x 32 bounding box
Left-clicking on one while the bounding boxes were displayed resulted in all hidden edges showing. Previously I had to click on each (without bounding boxes displayed) to get them to rez.
Edges showing
Edges showing
btw... nice to finally be on Kitely in earnest *smiles

Regards
Aaron/Isa
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Nice to have you here Aaron :-)

As at least some of the prim information is obviously available to the viewer (as evident by the bounding boxes) so I'm inclined to say that this is a viewer problem. It makes little sense that the viewer would request prim data from the server and the server would filter out only part of the information based on the prim size. What viewer did you encounter this problem with? Have you tried other viewers as well?
Aaron Griffiths

Using Firestorm Ilan but will do some testing with a few others to see if the results are consistent.

A