Texturing Mesh

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Dagon Xanith

Re: Texturing Mesh

Post by Dagon Xanith »

Speaking of legal free software.
I did download Sculptris.
And it seems it would be easier modeling program if I could actually had more control over figuring out how navigate the shapes and program didn't crash every 5 minutes.
Grr I am really frustrated
Any other modeling program suggestions that are free out there?
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Yeah, 3D definitely has a steep learning curve and is demanding on your computer. If it makes you feel any better, I'm trying to climb that hill too Dagon.

See if this helps: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... sheet-quot :)
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

Marstol Nitely wrote:Yeah, 3D definitely has a steep learning curve and is demanding on your computer. If it makes you feel any better, I'm trying to climb that hill too Dagon.

See if this helps: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread ... sheet-quot :)

Thanks Marstol.
I will check it out.
Right now my brain fricking hurts and I am beyond frusterated and sad about trying to make digital content last 15 years never seem to get ever to level I actually afford descent computer and software :(
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

..3D is not exactly trivial !

There is a very good reason most people build with prims. It is a much, much, much simpler interface.

A lot of the 3D software out there is professional level (ie, things like 3DS Max, Maya) and aimed at the high end of the market. Autodesk do make learning versions available FREE (and legal) to students and others that qualify, so there is hope.

Othewise, there are low cost solutions like the ever popular blender or milkshape.

Repeat: It is not trivial. It takes most people a very long time to learn, and longer to master. Hint: Focus on one type of modelling.

If you are serious about learning 3D software, take a course, or meet someone who can teach you face to face to jumpstart the learning curve. Once you take that course, you get access to the free stuff.

Or just get blender.
and spend a lot of time on youtube.
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post:
Zuza Ritt
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Sarge Misfit

Post by Sarge Misfit »

Ilan Tochner wrote:I agree with Sarge, and to save us all from unpleasantries, please don't use our forums to discuss how or where illegal copies of copyrighted software or content can be obtained. There are free or reasonably priced legal options for anything your may need to create content for use in Kitely.
Actually, I was thinking of the frikkin' rumour mill out there :)
Living life on the wrong side of a one-track mind.

National Security Threat Level: Gnat

My site: Excelsior Station
My Kitely World: Misfit's Folly