Texturing Mesh

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Dundridge Dreadlow

Re: Texturing Mesh

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

I think what you are attempting is outside the reach of the photoshop 3D tools. (Please correct me if this is wrong, I'd be intrigued to find it out!) I'm not sure if it even has the features to do modelling past simple extrusions and similar.

I suspect you will need to model the object externally (outside photoshop) in full 3D modelling software, then texture it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

You might be right. I did find one example of drawing 2d objects and turn them into 3d but its not showing up in my history on youtube:(
Johnny Magic

Post by Johnny Magic »

Well, here in Thailand, and (for the last six years in China up until June of this year) I walk down to any of the local computer shops, and even some malls, and pick up any program CD I want for 5 or 10 bucks. ZBrush, Maya, Photoshop....etc. Should I upload them to a site and give you the address? lol
These users thanked the author Johnny Magic for the post:
Dagon Xanith
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Dagon Xanith wrote:You might be right. I did find one example of drawing 2d objects and turn them into 3d but its not showing up in my history on youtube:(
Hi Dagon.
Have you tried Sculptris by Pixologic? It's by the same people that make Zbrush and it's free: http://pixologic.com/sculptris/
There's also Archipelis. The demo is free. The program cost 29 €. http://www.archipelis.com/home.php?
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post:
Dagon Xanith
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

Johnny,
I wonder if I would get in trouble for that.
There is weird things around US computers not sure what happen if I had not recognized or approved software on my computer.
Some dvds or software is design for certain regions and they won't work in US region.
I am paying 54 usd for ps and plus here and the price for z-brush is more then my monthly income.
Maya just rent it cost 200-400 us dollars a month, close 4000 usd to buy it.
It seems a bit too much for someone that has only learning and never earn more than equivalent of 80 usd in virtual worlds in ten years.
I got email account by my same name here at gmail just its all in small dagonxanith.
Feel free to write me here or privately via my message box or in email if you got any suggestions or can offer any other useful help that won't get me in trouble.
I don't read Thai or Chinese. I would prefer not to go to jail for using unsanctioned software.
Marstol
I haven't heard of Sculptris but I am watching videos on it.
About the image I drew in photoshop. I did find something about joining multiple objects but I am missing some major and I can't find it in the program.
I did try to turn the object dae or attempt too. I tried to test it via modeling window of Second Life and it was over 64mb and Second life said major modeling error you can't upload models over 64mb.
Issue with photoshop and drawing out stuff if you don't how to reduce it via blender or something is going generate really huge files, possibly sim crash huge files at least for Second life's resources.
Not sure about here I have to test it out.
Last edited by Dagon Xanith on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sarge Misfit

Post by Sarge Misfit »

Just dropping in to remind people, open source. Free and of the same quality as anything else out there. If not better. Don't know of anything for 3D modelling but then again, I haven't gone looking. Learning curve is usually the same. So, open source will save you money and keep you legal :D
These users thanked the author Sarge Misfit for the post (total 2):
Dundridge DreadlowZuza Ritt
Living life on the wrong side of a one-track mind.

National Security Threat Level: Gnat

My site: Excelsior Station
My Kitely World: Misfit's Folly
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

Yeah I prefer keep it legal but right now I am really incredibly frustrated with learning curve.
Maybe I should stick with 2d right now.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I agree with Sarge, and to save us all from unpleasantries, please don't use our forums to discuss how or where illegal copies of copyrighted software or content can be obtained. There are free or reasonably priced legal options for anything your may need to create content for use in Kitely.
Johnny Magic

Post by Johnny Magic »

Sorry, I have been living in Asia too long and get pretty flippant about software. Didn't mean to start a discussion! Won't mention it again. And yes, there are lots of open source programs out there that are really good...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

NP Johnny, it's just important to keep in mind so neither you nor us get into easily avoidable trouble with people acting to protect their intellectual property. :-)