Mesh collision physics after export or sim restart

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Zuza Ritt

Re: Mesh collision physics after export or sim restart

Post by Zuza Ritt »

Sherrie, thanks, there are no export version, I can set it now, I am only afraid people will not be satisfied, if they will cause same problems like I did.

Ilan, thanks for advice, so, what YOU think I have to do? I cannot reproduce the problem in 100% of experiments. I am not able to decsribe why or in which cases is the problem with physics, so what I should have to report? "Sometimes my mesh change physics"? What do YOU think about people who report this kind of bug?:)
I live among the trees. You are invited too:) Visit 21strom.
My Kitely Market. 21strom webpage.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Zuza,

Has it ever failed when exporting from Kitely and importing back to Kitely or has it only failed when exporting from Kitely and importing to a standlaone / sim running on another grid?

What version of OpenSim did it fail properly being importer to? (it may be that something broke in that version's mesh support).
Zuza Ritt

Post by Zuza Ritt »

Ever when exported into Kitely, but I tried it only several times. Sometimes exported into other grid, where is 0.7.5 version. Sometimes when exported back into local standalone, 0.7.5, where it was originally uploaded.
The problem is not the same, even with same dae files = same mesh objects. Sometimes physics looks like bounding box = it cannot be entered, sometimes it can be entered but somewhere in the middle of landscape is some problem, like grass is not phantom...
Every time problem can be solved by switching manually to "right" physics, object is "reset" into proper, originally uploaded physics.

i am not able say, why sometimes it is ok, and sometimes not, even for the same object = not uploaded again, only new try with export.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Zuza,

When you encountered the problem importing into Kitely was the file previously exported from Kitely or from some sim running OpenSim 0.7.5?

Have you tried to see if this problem exists when importing/exporting from OpenSim 0.7.6?
Zuza Ritt

Post by Zuza Ritt »

All OARs was exported from 0.7.5 standalone. I have no 0.7.6 OpenSim, so I have not.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay, so is it correct to say that so far you only encountered problems when importing/exporting content from/to OpenSim 0.7.5, regardless of where it originated/uploaded to?

Please download the latest version of sim-on-a-stick (it's OpenSim 0.7.6) and test to see if the problem remains in the latest release version of OpenSim.
Zuza Ritt

Post by Zuza Ritt »

Yes, it is correct to say it this way. I did not try 0.7.6 because I have found there are no significant changes of mesh behavior in 0.7.6. release notes. I can try that later. Thanks, Ilan.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Zuza,

OpenSim 0.7.6 does however include several patches we and others contributed to OAR load/save logic (which is what the problems you're reporting relate to - i.e. to problems with import/export on OpenSim 0.7.5).

When you test please try exporting an OAR file from Kitely and loading it into OpenSim 0.7.6. Please try the other import/export direction as well.
Zuza Ritt

Post by Zuza Ritt »

Part 1.

- Importing OAR made in my local 0.7.5 (and used yesterday for uploads into Kitely) into my local 0.7.6 (OpenSim, not SoaS).
All landscapes have got bounding box. Manually switched to same values - landscapes are ok.

- Singularity 1.8.3: Try to upload of 2 DAEs with proper physics from another external DAE. Once crashed in upload, twice uploaded ok. Both mesh have bad physics, different from physics in uploaded file. Not bounding box, landscape can be entered, but some trees, foliage and grass is "not phantom." Manually switched to same values, landscapes are ok and perfectly walkable.

- Firestorm 4.4.2: upload 2 another DAEs then in Singularity, no crash, same result - both landscapes have got bad physics, not bounding box but some parts are "not phantom", after manual switch physics is ok.

All uploaded DAEs are from yesterdays series, not new ones.

At region are now 14 landscapes imported from OAR made at 0.7.5 and 2 landscapes uploaded in 0.7.6 by FS, everything is perfectly walkable vith proper physics.
New OAR created, imported into Kitely.
At imported region, 21strom, all 16 landscapes are ok.
Taken at Inventory, rezzed at Sandbox. 15 landscapes are ok, one (originally from 0.7.5 oar) has bounding box. Cannot change it, after switching anything, still bounding box. Taken at inventory, rezzed again in 21strom, next the imported landscape, still bounding box, no possibility change it. Tried both in Singularity and Firestorm.

All described landscapes are at 21strom, you can check it.
The result is worse the yesterday, generally...

Export from Kitely will be part 2:)
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Hey Zuza

I have been reading through and trying to digest what has already been said in this thread and trying to replicate your error here, but cant.

When I was alerted to this I did some tests. Here is a rundown of what I am using.

Maya 2012
SOAS 0.7.5 as my offline work area
Firestorm 4.4.2 for upload

My typical workflow is to upload everything in SOAS, then take an OAR and upload it to Kitely. Upon upload, all my custom physics models are there, and the physics tab is correctly set. I asked Sherrie Melody to test exporting a few of my items that she purchased out from Kitely to her private installation (not sure of the OS version, maybe she can comment on that), and she also reported no issues to me. Both my trees and my cliffs are linksets too, so I can confirm I have no issues there. My ground covers are mesh and set to phantom and can also report that phantom is working correctly upon import/export for me.

Its difficult for me to offer any suggestions without being able to replicate the error. I do have Blender on my rig somewhere (I think :) ) so I will give that a try tomorrow evening and report back my results. Best of luck to you in the meantime! x
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post:
Zuza Ritt