Mesh collision physics after export or sim restart

Building using prims, sculpties and meshes. Texture creation techniques.
Sherrie Melody

Re: Mesh collision physics after export or sim restart

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Ozwell Wayfarer wrote: I asked Sherrie Melody to test exporting a few of my items that she purchased out from Kitely to her private installation (not sure of the OS version, maybe she can comment on that), and she also reported no issues to me.
I haven't actually imported into my soas yet. I was exporting the OAR from Kitely and then re-importing it back to Kitely.

I'm at Regio Excelsior right now for Torben's performance at the moment, but when that is finished, I'll try importing the OAR with Ozwell's stuff into my soas and let you know. :)
These users thanked the author Sherrie Melody for the post:
Zuza Ritt
Zuza Ritt

Post by Zuza Ritt »

Thanks a lot to both of you for experimenting.

I have imported the region exported from Kitely into my local OpenSim 0.7.5 and 0.7.6, and back into Kitely region too. All the landscapes are ok now.
So... still no idea what exactly to report:)
Good for every other people, if nobody then me will cause this problem...
I am finished with experiments, I simply set my landscapes for Export sale and I will see.
These users thanked the author Zuza Ritt for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineOzwell Wayfarer
I live among the trees. You are invited too:) Visit 21strom.
My Kitely Market. 21strom webpage.
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Happy to do it Zuza. I just wish that we could isolate the intermittent issues that you have been having. I am sure that there are others that will experience something of what you have been experiencing. I wouldn't be surprised if we see other mesh developers posting to this thread in the future.

Just to follow on the test I said I would try: I started a local instance of soas w/Opensim 0.7.6, uploaded my simple 3-item mesh objects (from previous tests) with physics set to Medium, exported the OAR, then imported that into Kitely. Physics were set correctly on the objects inworld. I tried it with my objects instead of Ozwell's because (1)I don't have the DAE formats of the trees to test the upload to soas for a full upload/export OAR/import OAR test, and (2)mine were created in Blender, and I was curious if there might be an issue with collada format export from Blender. But I didn't see any problems.

Zuza, if you do develop a scripted solution for your specific issues, please post here your experiences if you can. I am sure that others will be interested to know your progress.
Zuza Ritt

Post by Zuza Ritt »

Just for documentation purposes... I imported OAR with previous landscapes, these ones exported from Kitely... they are ok in my local 0.7.5, in my local 0.7.6., they are ok in another grid running at 0.7.5, but imported into Kitely again... same trouble. Have to "fixed" it manually again... I am going to update my 21strom region in Kitely from time to time by uploading new OAR into Kitely, so I hope it will be solved after 0.7.6 updgrade...
Not asking for any help, just note for case somebody will meet this trouble in future.
Zuza Ritt

Post by Zuza Ritt »

Problem solved after Kitely upgrade to OpenSim 0.7.6, so I guess it was related to specific version of OpenSim and importing OARs from another version.